Bambulab P1P connection issues in fw ?1.04.01.00?

Wouldn’t play nice how. That’s all I run in mine is hardened steel and they work fine with the standard BBL profiles. All I did was verify the temps etc.

Unknown why you’d question this when this topic is about disconnecting issues? I used standard profiles and with adjusted temps and neither worked. I Googled this and this is where Orca Slicer was recommended as others had similar if not the same issues. Clogs occurred on a 0.8 hot end, it’d drag the first layers or over extrude, most likely due to the hot end not being heated up properly, now whether that was Bambu Studio not applying the correct temperature or the temperature sensor not reporting the temps properly, but once I got Orca Slicer going, picked Hardened Steel profile and calibrated, all was good.

Not everyone is going to have the exact same result as everyone else, especially in 3D printing due to a huge amount of variables.

1 Like

Not encountered any issues yet with the newer firmware, but I’ve not been monitoring it like usual, due to being a tad busy. I however haven’t had any disconnects yet in the last 2-3 days and the Bambu Handy app streams fine although not tried it whilst printing.

1 Like

Is this issue still active?
I am on 1.04 and definitely have those disconnects. Very upsetting really…

1 Like

I too have had issues since upgrading to 1.04.00 - for some reason they made it so that only a single MQTT connect can be maintained at any time. It broke a lot of things for me - even having multiple instances of Bambu Studio no longer works. Keeps disconnecting.

Has Bambu acknowledged this issue at all? Is this an intentional change or a bug which will be fixed in the future?

I have exactly the same situation.

Hello,

I’m having the exact same problem with my P1S… both Carbons are fine…

I have tried everything on this discussion (except for downgrading the FW) and the problem persists. I see the discussion ended abruptly without a resolution being noted.

Can someone please direct me to the solution?
Has Bambu acknowledged this yet?
Is there any hope for this to get resolved?

I have 2x P1S and 1 P1P still in the box, and I’m hesitant to open them since they are likely going back at this point because of this unresolved bug.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Thank you,
Mike

1 Like

Hi @user_4139374187, welcome here.

For my specific P1P, the issue got solved in 1.04.00.00 update and that led me to think that they solved it. I posted everything that I knew and found out about the bug.

I suggest you to reset your router, printer, rebind it again and then see if it helps.
For sure contact Bambu in Bambu Handy app with ticket and mention everything.

If this doesnt help, try to create a specific Wi-Fi for the printer, I think that it could help – the issue occurs randomly and if you scan your network (for example Fing app) you see that the device is inactive here. I believe that this is some sort router compatibility bug, or so.

What router do you have? Do you have good Wi-Fi signal? Try putting the router closer to the printer.

Wish you nice day,
I hope that you will find this helpful,
Comi.

Just upgraded my P1P (converted to P1S) to FW 1.04.01.00 and now Bambu Studio will not connect to the printer. Printer connects to network fine (responds to pings), tried removing and re-adding printer in Bambu Studio, but same issue occurred. At this point it looks like Ill be downgrading firmware back to 1.03.00.00 which had been working perfectly for me since it came out.

Note, this is in LAN only mode.
Have tried logging out and logging back into Bambu Studio.
Have tried removing the printer from Bambu Studio, changing the Access Code in the printer and re-adding to Bambu Studio.

Was able to get Bambu Studio to connect to the printer again on FW 1.04.01.00 using @Comi’s steps above with some modification:
1 MOVE THE BED DOWN (as it was during shipping, because it will crash to nozzle if you won’t, during initial calibration.)
2 RESET PRINTER AND REMOVE IT FROM HANDY APP.
3 RAN INITIAL CALIBRATION
4 TURN OFF PRINTER.
5 WHILE PRINTER IS OFF, TAKE THE MICRO SD CARD AND FORMAT IT to FAT32 (ms dos).
6 WHILE THE PRINTER IS STILL OFF, PUT THE MICRO SD BACK TO PRINTER.
7 TURN ON PRINTER AND BIND THE PRINTER TO APP USING QR CODE.
8 SETUP WIFI IN BAMBU HANDY APP
9 PUT PRINTER IN LAN MODE
10 RE-ADD TO BAMBU STUDIO WITH NEW ACCESS CODE

1 Like

Exact same issue after upgrading to 1.04.01.00 yesterday …

Since I got the P1S a month ago, I kept it in LAN only mode on it’s stock firmware. I believe it shipped with 01.02.01.00. LAN only mode viewing with Orca and Bambu Studio have been flawless.

I upgraded to 01.04.01.00 last week, and I too have been getting the random connection issues. I can connect and view jobs but live view stops working randomly - until I reboot the printer. Need this fixed ASAP.

You may be able to reflash the previous firmware via the Handy App. Settings/Firmware Version/I want to downgrade to a previous version.

3 Likes

Make a dedicated 2.4 (not the factory auto assigning channel) channel and connect to it. Its a known bambu issue that will probably be fixed wuth the $2,500 version

Unfortunately not, because i can’t connect Printer and User via Handy App (neither Bambu Studio): “Connection to Cloud failed!”. Is it possible to downgrade Firmware via SD-Card?

Unfortunately it is not a possibility.

Have you tried @ben_r method of reconnecting? (posted above)

4 Likes

Just now. Ends up with Step 7: I scan the QR-Code and the BAMBU APP on my Handy (also deleted, new installed and login with my account) find my P1P via QR-Code on the Printer-Display (01S00C…) and want to couple him with my user. Error: Bluetooth-Connection failed. My Bluetooth definitely works - my Handy APP “BLE-Scanner” show me a Device called “BBLPrinter”. Sad …

1 Like

I’m a little Step further - place a new text file on the SD-Card, name it “user_wifi.cfg” and put two lines in it:

SSID:[your SSID]
password:[your WIFI-PW]

(When you now press “Account - not logged in” as before on @ben_r solution no QR-Code is shown anymore. Just the hint: “please configure user-account by Bambu APP or Bambu Studio”)

Restarting the Printer - WIFI-Setup is complete with a fresh IP-Address. Now my BAMBU APP find the printer in my network and want to couple him with my user-account: “Cloud-Connection failed”.

Try it in Bambu Studio “login failed code -20, info=timeout” after logoff/ logon.

No more Ideas …

1 Like

At least the LAN mode works. I can also live with that …

What about new FW 1.04.02.00? Still any connection issues?

Eh, 1.04.02.00 (LINK) doesn’t bring anything useful for me, so Ill probably skip that one. Dont want to risk going through this all again.

1 Like