Black Friday sale and misleading discounts being advertised

Well why didn’t you just say so🤣

2 Likes

Same here, I was almost going to buy a mini when I saw it was a scam offer. Chinese crappy marketing strategies.

1 Like

That’s a bit racist, don’t you think?

I mean, Walmart isn’t Chinese, but they’re pretty well known for rising prices so they can put them on sale again.

Amazon isn’t a Chinese company either, but I keep seeing stuff gong on sale that’s the same price as before. I’m not even talking products from Chinese manufactures, so.

3 Likes

I didn’t start this topic to attack a whole race, I started it to complain about stupid and outdated marketing strategies that are ignorant of their customers.

I didn’t want it to have ignorant and xenophobic comments.

As pointed out by @Josh-3D, we have too many examples in every country of this practice by home grown bosses of home grown companies that are the reason behind the each country having laws against the practice.

Whilst my comments may not garner much love from BL, they are honest and respectful.

Please, consider those two points and the forum remains a decent place for a multitude of views.

3 Likes

The wrong that is the marketing department infest all, regardless of race, gender, time period, or even planet of origin. There’s marketing companies I’m sure, out there on alien planets annoying their local alien customers. "What do you mean you’re out of BluBlarp?! You advertised it as 56.82 crebacks! And now you tell me you’re out of stock and it’ll cost me 67.32 crackles! Outrageous! I’m so leaving a 1 moonstone review on aelp! (The alien yelp, of course).

It’s beyond the jurisdiction of the police, so don’t except any quarrels

3 Likes

Generally speaking, EU consumer laws stop when you “consume” products of a non EU company… Every time I’ve tried to “complain” about a non-EU company missbehaving, I’ve always got the same response from the EU Consumer Defense Office: “We take note, but we cant act against non EU companies”.

Two things.

1. If you sell into a country, you are bound by their laws.

2. They are registered in the U.K. and EU, which means point 1 is irrelevant.

You are correct, but I am getting invoices by the german company, so the EU law must apply to them.

1 Like

Yea I saw the price go from $329 to $329 down from $480 or something. This was before the black friday sale even. The limited time scale also is misleading considering I bought the a1m for the $329 price two weeks ago. They show the date range oct 21st-dec 3rd but that’s clearly not the case. I wouldn’t be surprised if the prices are the same after the sale ends. Either that or the prices return to “normal” for a few months before they do the same cut they’ve had for the last year.

I’m also not a huge fan of advertising “bulk filament sale” on the black friday sales page considering that it has been like that for several months. They advertised it as a limited time sale on the filament page a few months ago (which has since disappeared). Neither of these actually indicated that it was an indefinite move from the filament membership to a public bulk deal so no real sale here either.

1 Like

I saw a page for the AU terms and conditions which lists all the sales in a table. The a1 mini section is empty. On there is the actual prices they’ve been using for months. For example the a1 combo was $750 beforehand and the table shows it as $700 or something so the sale is only so much, but the advertising on the website is $700 down from $850 or around that mark.

Yes, I detailed all of this if you read from the top.

Ah didnt see the more recent replies (I was about to post screenshots of the table vs sales for the AU). There is a sneaky asterisk at the very bottom of the black friday sales page that says
" *The discount amounts advertised are calculated by comparing between MSRP with the final purchase price" but there is no such asterisk on the purchase / listing page (besides the link to the T&Cs).

2 Likes

I believe this is an email sent to everyone thats based off the US pricing/sales. At the bottom of the email it has “Bambulab USA Inc. 8000 Centre Park, Suite 330 Austin, TX 78754…”. That’s probably the one thing thats at least not purposely misleading lmao

Wait, you’re telling us that Yelp! is not alien?

That same email told me I could get a P1S Combo for $749. At which price I would buy it in a jiffy. OR X1C FOR $1199. Bargain

Would be nice if they’d mentioned it is US Dollars - it’s a LOT more in Australian Dollars

Fully agreed. And that’s what I expected. But in the end, when you REALLY seek for help into EU authorities, they couldnt care less.