Brand new AI hot end heating assembly - clips don't close over the hot end

I need to replace the hot end heating assembly on my AI.

But now, with genuine Bambu parts the clips do not close properly. I can sorta force it, but its not right.

Anyone else have this problem?

  • Please take a picture of the hotend and how the nozzle is positioned. :+1:
  • Please watch this video and let us know if you did anything differently. :+1:

  • Please take a look at the Bambu guide, again, let us know if you did anything differently. :+1:

Hi, yes, I’ve reviewed such videos, and have done maintenance on the heating assembly a few time.

With this one, the clips do not align, per photos. To illustrate I took photos with it removed from the printer. If I apply some force I can get one side to clip.

The clip isn’t the problem; the problem is that your nozzle isn’t seated properly in the holder. You can clearly see how the edge of the nozzle sticks out much too far and isn’t flush. That’s why you can’t fasten the clip.


You’ll have to take a closer look to see what went wrong during assembly. Either something is bent, a screw was installed incorrectly. Your nozzle is just sitting completely tilted in the holder.

Now the question is why, but can’t tell that from the photos - you’ll have to take a closer look.


Support has also published a helpful summary on this topic:

The clips don’t go over the outside edge, the clip fits snugly inside the gap. See my pic below. If you successfully get it over the outside edges you will have printing issues.

thank you! I wasn’t easing down enough on the shaped bit that runs left to right over the hotend