Broken PTFE connector part on main extruder

Hello everyone, I’m a new user.
a recent print broke my X2D.
seeking help and advice for how to fix. Any tips would be more than helpful:

(photos attached)
the PTFE tube snapped off, after unload the red fillament, looks like there is a small section of the PTFE tube still remaining in the hole on connection the exturder.
I could not take the remaining tube out.

Does anyone know how to fix it?
And how to avoid it in the future?
Is it because I pushed the prime tower onto the very corner of the build plate?
Thank you!

First, PTFE tubes don’t just snap off. It was either extraordinarily worn, or it has experienced severe bending.

Use a coarse threaded screw to grip the stub of the PTFE while pushing down on the black release ring, should be able to pull it out easily.