Cable Chain Assembly (Just Released)

1 Like

it’s about time, although the printing community has had designs for a P1P cable chain for ages.

Is this an upgrade or a replacement part for the X1C?

1 Like

both. this can be used as a replacement for the X1 and as an upgrade for the P1P Besides, it is also available in the EU Store

1 Like

It’s a replacement part for the original X1 chain. I think Bambu Lab released it since a lot of P1P owners wanted to add it to manage the cable and feeding tube.

1 Like

Can you explain the goal of this chain for the P1P? what problem does it solve?

1 Like

It keeps the filament tube and toolhead cable inside of the printer body. That could be useful if you have a lid on top of your P1P, don’t want the cable/tube rubbing against something above the printer, or want to have a cleaner looking setup.

1 Like

But how do I solve this?

You can remove this since it’s no longer needed:

Though the Bambu website still has this disclaimer - * The cable chain may have a risk of damaging the P1P tool head cable . It’s not recommended to assemble the cable chain on P1P 3D printer.

Is the cable for the P1P updated in the shop so this cable chain can work?

I asked Bambu support, and regardless of the video linked above which I sent them the link to, they replied not to use it, the chain on the website will not work with P1P.

However, see the comment by [DGG Creations] on that link above.

Any additional context on that suggestion? Why shouldn’t it be used on a P1P?

Nothing, no reply to my follow-up questions. Yet the video clearly shows it being installed.
I may order it, though, and while I can print models, plenty of them out there, I prefer the branded one. :grinning:

There is a wiki article about using P1P with enclosure, which may give some additional hints. :slight_smile:

Thanks! I’ll post the hints here so everyone else doesn’t have to search through the linked wiki page.

If you have a P1P that was shipped before March 2023, Bambu Lab recommends the following:

• Replace the toolhead cable with the newer version. There is a P1P toolhead cable available in the Bambu lab store here. Unfortunately, Bambu Lab does not note if that is the newly redesigned cable or which improvements they made to make the cable “more reliable” after installing the cable chain.

• Replace the 530mm PTFE tube with a 550mm PTFE tube in order to avoid step loss due to insufficient tube length.

Contacted support as I ordered the X1 chain and new toolhead cable. They strictly state not to use X1 chain, but new toolhead is okay. No reason given, but they confirmed when I followed up stating I saw conflicting information.

The cable chain rubs the underside of the tubing and will quickly wear a hole in it. You can see in the video where the two cross. My X1C is 2 months old with nearly 4 spools through it and the tube is worn. Can’t see it, found by accident when cleaning today.

I own P1Ps and am not seeing any wear yet. Maybe the difference is there’s no glass printer top for the chain to rub against?

Not a glass issue. Does it without. Move the print head towards the front left–where it would start to print an extrusion calibration and check the distance between the tube and cable chain.