Can remote print, but can't send

Hi all, I have been using X1C for a couple weeks and it’s been awesome/ However, I’ve started having this issue since last night.

I haven’t been able to send a gcode from Bambu Studio to the printer. I get this “LAN connection failed (sending print file)” error. The prompt is to check if the IP and Access Code is right. I have to correct the access code and hit OK, but it comes back with the same error.

This error is only for sending the gcode over. No problems with printing.

Tried logging out then in. Didn’t help.

Has anyone comes across this issue before? Appreciate any help you can provide.

1 Like

First, did you update the printers Firmware?
Since you are using “LAN-Only” mode, did you try switching back to the cloud service.

1 Like

I recently updated the firmware and shortly after that, this issue started happening but it’s hard to tell whether it’s because of the new firmware.

The printer is not in LAN-only mode. I’ve double and triple checked the setting. This is because the error message has the image of the printer setting with LAN-only mode turned on, but it’s definitely off on the printer settings screen.

2 Likes

Its updated automatically for cloud usage and therefor not used, but ok, then also try reintegrating it into your routers network.
Or try remoeing it from your bambu account on both ends, printer & slicer and reintegrate it.

I ran into this myself last week. IIRC I had to log out of Bambu Studio, restart the program, then log in again.

It was a pretty simple fix. The other problem may be the could service is down - which it’s not right now

Likewise with Bambu Handy app. Log out of that and back in again.

Try the ZundersHD fix if this does not work. Re binding is a last resort.

I was getting the same error, but could see a print in progress on the device tab.

1 Like

Thanks all. I’m going to try Zunder’s suggestion next. I tried logging out and reinstalling Bambu Studio but that didn’t work so next is to do it from both printer and slicer.

1 Like

Did you ever figure out a fix for this? I’m having what seems to be the same problem. I’ve tried logging in and out, uninstalling and reinstalling studio, dropping the firmware to an older version, installing an older version of studio, unpairing and repairing the printer, power cycling, you name it.

I’m experiencing the same issue with PS1 as well. Over the last month, it was intermittently resolving itself after a restart, but now I’m unable to send files from the studio or bamboo handy. While I can print from the printing history, I’m unable to access an SD card other than through the printer interface. I’ve tried all the usual troubleshooting steps, including reinstalling, logging out and in again, checking the IP and access code… Do you have any other suggestions?

THANK YOU!!! This worked for me! I logged the printer and BS out, then relogged into the printer first, then BS, synch’d and not BOTH ‘send’ works (was hanging at 10% after doing the reconnection prompt) AND the camera works again like it did when new!!! I haven’t seen live video on my computer in a month! Thank you!

Im getting the same issue. Just over a month of owning my X1C, no recent updates to firmware. Printer seems fine from the network. I have tried signing out and back in on Studio, the printer and the app. I have disconnected from network and its not in LAN only mode. I have tried disconnecting and setting to LAN only mode. I have factory reset the printer. I have updated to latest firmware and latest studio beta. Nothing has worked. I can ping the printer with 0% loss. I have tried multiple computers.

I can print a plate but can not send files to the SD card, even tried a new SD card.

Anybody have ANY ideas?

Welcome to the forum.

Have you tried power cycling the printer? That seems to be the fix when I have network issues.

2 Likes

Have you tried power cycling the printer? That seems to be the fix when I have network issues.

Many times, doesn’t work.

Couple other things to try.

Use your phone to create a hotspot to connect the printer to. This will point to either your network or the printer being the problem.

Make sure your router isn’t blocking any of these ports.

https://wiki.bambulab.com/en/general/printer-network-ports

2 Likes

All ports opened on network, hot spot doesn’t work, LAN only mode doesn’t work either.

I started having this issue and for me it’s 100% network related, it started when I switched ISPs and began using their own modem router combo. I was able to set up an IOT (internet of things) temporary connection to get the X1C connected and it worked for a few weeks and then after rebooting one day it stopped working. I don’t know what else to try but someone did suggest setting a static IP (dhcp reservation) assigned from the router - but our stupid router doesn’t do that (quantum wifi 360 by plume) it’s consumerized to the gills. So I’m buying a basic router to give it another shot on a subnet. Fingers crossed.