Cannot Resume a Print

I paused a print today to remove a thread of filament the head had dragged across the first layer. The thread had stuck to the head from a purge attempt. After pausing, I was given NO OPTION anywhere I could find to resume the print. The PAUSE button was still active on the printer screen, and the only options in Bambu Studio were PAUSE or STOP the print. I killed a print with a perfect first layer and had to start all over again. Please fix this or explain what I did wrong. Thanks for your help.

1 Like

you just press again on the PAUSE button and it will continue , most likely the button was not updated in gui
in some cases pressing the same button 2 times cause it to resume and directly pause again after the resume before it updates it

I tried pressing PAUSE again and waiting. Nothing happened. The button remained on PAUSE and the printer didn’t move. I tried several times in fact. I think somehow I confused the firmware and it wasn’t able to recover.

if that happends, can you send the logs to support ?
after you tested to press pause a couple of times to let it continue , so they can see it back in the logs and figure out what exactly it is doing that it should not do

I would love to help with that, except I can’t get it to happen again. May have just been a group of commands in a specific order that got it lost.

Having the exact same problem. cannot satrt my print again

Update: the only way i found to save my print was to shut down the printer and power it on again. then resume project worked. did not loose my print.

1 Like

Exactly the same problem here. Your magic worked for me: power off > on, then resume.

For one project I could reproduce the problem. It happened exactly after the first layer was complete, which would normally be the moment to verify the first layer quality and decide to proceed or abort.

Had same issue. Power cycle, then resume (press play) worked for me as well. Thanks!

Seems like a bug. It is already placed on github but as I’m on the latest firmware and it just happend to me it seems it’s still not fixed.