Catastrophic Faliure - Unable to Print without internet

Catastrophic failure - no internet, no printing. I turned off clound, so no what. I can’t spool a print job without internet still. My other printer, no issues, spools over the internet. p1p is faaassst becoming a nuisance instead of this great printer.

Anyone know how to make it print over the network without internet ?
How many other setting needed to be turned off to print over internal network ?
Anything else hidden ?

You could transfer the g-code via a ftp client, but its extremely unconvinient compared to the cloud solution.

1 Like

how to ftp to printer? used p1p ip and my account credentials and anonymous but didn’t work.
Would be good to upload directly to p1p sd card directly.
I don’t understand why bambu lab won’t let users just set descent lan mode only? My old flashforge has lan mode, no issues.

Sure. That’s the 3rd option you have.

To use ftp on P1P with WinSCP read here: We can now connect to FTP on the P1P

1 Like

You need to turn on LAN only mode under WIFI on the printer.
You probably need to log out of your account on Bambu Studio.
If you go to the devices tab and select your printer it will try to connect and you will need to provide the access code that the printer created when you set it to LAN only.

1 Like

Did that. Also I have to remember not to be printing at the time of transfer as it actually froze the printer at some point. Was 84% complete print and oops, it stopped. I won’t force it to multitask but ftp works and works well enough.

I actually found that after reboot for some reason the lan mode turned off but did it again and it works. Though bambu handy does not want to connect to lan mode printer states, binding is prohibited and so does not connect. I guess next thing to solve.

Yes, Handy only works when not in LAN only mode.