Change A1 retrofit option

I have received that email, I am going to write to them saying that they should have detailed this two months ago, now two months later they cannot modify the chosen option. The correct thing would be to choose between the two new return options.

1 Like

this is what I have written:
Good morning

I have received a new email indicating that once I receive the new Heatbed Cable (which should have already arrived) and install it, I must call a technician to certify the correct installation in my home or send the printer to an authorized center for certification.
Is this really necessary? I don’t understand why, since the installation is simple; what would happen if I didn’t do it?

After two months of waiting, this new problem does not seem right to me. You should have explained this in the first email two months ago, now two months later you cannot modify the option that I chose with new requirements that would delay the use of the printer for another month. The correct thing to do would be to choose now between the two new return options.

For all these reasons, I request that, if the certification of a technician is necessary, you send me a completely new A1 printer and remove the defective unit that you sent me more than two months ago.

Sincerely

4 Likes

Can you let us know what you hear back from them?

1 Like

I wrote them the same. No answer yet. They are not answering anything to me in the last 2 months.

I could not have put it any better. I would really like to hear their reply. Does any of this apply to US customers?

This issue is only for customers from the EU. It is explained in this post by Bambu.

je suis dans la meme situation,ce controle n’a pas été évoqué par BBL lorsqu’ils nous ont laisser le choix de remplacer nous meme le lit chauffant.
si cela avait été dit j’aurais renvoyer mon imprimante.
déja pas de nouvelles de la livraison du lit .
ils ont dit fin mars et nous sommes le 12 avril.
je suis très décus de leur manque de com.franchement j’ai très envie d’aller voir la concurence

If the new heat-bed cable is incorrect, say line to earth, then the naive installer could have a problem, on powering up. It is unusual for a manufacturer to supply 240V parts to be installed by amateurs, and possibly illegal. I do not know of a European manufacturer who would do that. It is a bit ambiguous, since you can buy all manner of stuff from retailers. Of course, since you own the printer, and the parts, you can do whatever you want wrt testing, but be sure that if you do not get it tested and documented, and later you have a problem, then most likely you will be on your own wrt help from bbl, so that perhaps needs clarification. You may also hit a snag if you want to sell the printer.

fallait pas que BBL propose les 2 options alors si y’avait un risque de sécurité.
ils auraient du faire rapatrier toutes les imprimantes sans exception

Le problème est autre : aux USA, tu peux, en Europe tu ne peux pas. Ca, ce n’est pas la faute de Bambu Lab.
Mais Bambu Lab semble maintenant dire qu’il se devait de prévenir les utilisateurs européens sans que ceux-ci soient discrimoiner dans le traitement de la réparation : les utilisateurs auront la réduc promise sans ce contrôle supplémentaire. Mais Bambu Lab conseille malgré tout de faire les photos afin de confirmer le bon branchement.

PS : je connais pas mal de monde qui branche son imprimante sur une prise sans terre…

1 Like

Just received an email in Canada about this, it looks like we in North America will have to supply 3 pictures of our replacement before receiving the voucher.
Not as bad as EU, so that’s a bonus…
If I ever get the kit

1 Like

I will follow the original plan, plus take some beautiful pictures and then continue printing.
The writing on the paper stuff I will ignore, but then I’am an “electrically skilled person” myself and this swap out isn’t exactly rocket science.
If you know you can follow instructions all will be fine, if you can’t maybe you can get help from someone who can.

1 Like

These two problems are 100% my main issue with how this has been handled. Before this recent e-mail, it was NEVER disclosed that we would need certification or provide step-by-step proof.

With how long we’ve had to wait for the replacement part, it would have been easier for BambuLab to just offer a 1-to-1 replacement A1 machine.

well this was final draw BAMBULAB im gonna sell my printes named bambulab and buy something else !

2 Likes

What makes me mad is, I checked a week ago and saw the A1 available to purchase. When I clicked on it, it was only available to Asian countries. I complained on my ticket and of course the Asian countries have now disappeared from the order menu. It now says available in May.

So I am technically gifted, but I am not a certified electronics technician and have to have it tested expensively. The fact that you have to send the printer again somewhere was never mentioned, so I disposed of the shipping box.

There are now really additional costs that cannot be replaced with the voucher.

I will change the option and return the printer.

Bambu Lab would have saved a lot of money if they had communicated this better. I’m even afraid that many of those who are now switching to option 2 are quite disappointed at first, that it will be made unnecessarily complicated and they will probably no longer buy an A1 printer for the time being.

Received my replacement heat bed yesterday, 4/13, here in the US. Made the swap last night and sent the pictures off today. Now let’s see how soon I get the credit.

I picture a 30 something single slob that lives in his moms basement every time I see a post like this, no one cares that you’re selling your printers and throwing a fit because you think taking pictures of a simple cord swap is just too hard. People in this thread crack me up. These are 3d printers, you will eventually have much harder problems to diagnose or repair than this cord. I’d suggest anyone that thinks this is too hard of a repair to sell their printer and buy a cricut.

4 Likes

I don’t think he is concerned that it is too difficult, but that he will not receive his voucher if he does not have the installation checked by a qualified electrician. The inspection will cost more money and this was not previously communicated by Bambu Lab.

And by the way…
I see a picture of an offended 3d print nerd who is annoyed that beginners can now use 3d printers.

1 Like

Ok, got a response from Bambu to my “proof” pictures. They asked me to retake the picture of the back of printer. That’s the one with the serial number tag, rubber wall bumper, and heat cable. They said the serial number was “blurry”. I don’t own a studio quality camera so I hope the re-shoot will do the trick.

I don’t want to think this is their way of denying the $120 credit. As in no picture will ever be good enough. We shall see.

1 Like