Change Filament at Layer Height

I have searched everywhere in Bambu Studio and can’t find the “Change Filament at Layer Height” option. What am I missing?

1 Like

Here is how you can pause at a certain layer.

2 Likes

Slice the model first, then on the right side where you can move the layer line up and down, click on the ‘+’, filament change is there, then reslice.

Screenshot 2023-03-26 195256

1 Like

That “click” should be a right-click.

2 Likes

Only works with ams as the option is greyed out here.

However i just add a pause and do it manually

Ah, cool. I didn’t know it was an AMS only thing, thanks!

Thanks everyone. Cura does it completely differently. I was totally lost.

Actually… if you add a second fliament, then slice, then right click the plus sign on the layer you want to change colors… you should now have a Change Filament > option.

I have a P1P and after reading how you added the pause… I thought I’d try adding a second color filament to see if it would pick it up… and it does. It pauses the print and asks to change filament manually.

2 Likes

Thanks for pointing this out, it has significantly reduced the color changes. I was using the paint by layer tool which was cumbersome and always left remnant colors on layers creating multiple color changes in a layer. I like the paint tool but I can’t seem to master the paint by layer part.

This is kind of what I’m going through right now. I wonder if there’s a way to make those filament changes by layer and it actually show the pattern. Like if I’m doing multiple swaps I wanted to show me the actual pattern when I slice it. So when I change from red to blue by layer it’ll show it to me in the slicer instead of the paint tool

To pic up the topic again, because i not really found an other one regarding this…

I tried last time to add a “change filament” at a specific layer hight but the printer ignored it…

did i something wrong? or is this feature not working correctly?

i printed with TPU from an external spool and would like to change at a specific hight without AMS…

I think the “change filament” option only works with an AMS. I don’t have an AMS and it used to be grayed out; Current versions of Studio and Orcaslicer don’t even show the option

Insert a Pause instead.

Then, on my X1C, my only touchscreen option then is resume. Using Studio or Handy, I cut the filament manually by squeezing the toolhead lever, reverse the extruder until I can pull back the filament, feed in the new color, grab with the extruder control and purge. Then Resume the print.

1 Like

i did the same… i added a pause in a certain layer hight and pressed unload button on the touchscreent to unload the current filament… and loaded the new one… then I resumed the print which was working fine…

but i would love to add the change filament option, because i have different TPU filaments which have to be threated differently… (different temp and flow) … ok… temperature is possible to change after the resume… but the flow is the same as the first filament…