Cloud / App outage?

Unable to connect to my printer in Bambu Handy as of about an hour and a half ago. Bambu Lab status page says all services are working. Other users on Facebook have reported the same thing.

Support ticket has been filed but unsure it will be seen in a timely manner so posting here as well.

FYI I’m connecting in the ‘Asia/Pacific’ region but I’m not sure where the other users reporting issues are connecting from.

1 Like

Still down…. No response yet

Update: logging out of the app and back in seems to have resolved the issue. The account side of the app was working ok only the remote control side was bork. The app could even tell me the printer was busy and what it was printing but nothing else.

Auth token expiry in a backend api endpoint (but not all endpoints) maybe?

I’m still having the issue I reported yesterday, server responds but consistently fails to finish a job download to the printer. It just started recently, so has to be a server issue.

Actually I spoke too soon… it worked for a moment but now it’s spinning forever and not connecting again

Logging out and back in brought it back - but I’d hate to have to do this every time I open the app!

Edit: yep, if I switch apps and go back to Handy it can’t connect. I have to log out and back in every time I switch to or launch the app

Same issue here. logout and back in, the app works. come back to the app later, just spins trying to load the status tab.

Still broken, still no response at all to the support tickets, forum posts, Facebook messages…

If you’re going to make the things reliant on cloud services the absolute least you could do is give users a way to escalate outage notifications to you. 3 days now. 3 damned days and not a single response anywhere. What on earth were you thinking when you decided to make these cloud-reliant then chose not to monitor for issues correctly?

I love this printer and I love the cloud integration, the ability to remote control and monitor it from my phone while I take my kid to the park etc. But you’ve really dropped the ball here. You chose to make it rely on cloud services. This was your decision. You need to monitor this and give people a channel to report outages to you that you respond to in hours not days. This will kill your success if you don’t get on top of it.

Hello,

Are you still experiencing problems?
You can check our Status page to see if there’s a problem with the Cloud infrastructure: https://status.bambulab.com/

Please try to sign out from the app and login again, or try a different network. We do not have any connection issues with the cloud services at the moment.

My colleagues will get back to you on the ticket ASAP

Thanks
Ciprian

2 Likes

Yes we are still experiencing the problem, also that status page is useless if it’s only ever manually updated.

As mentioned previously, signing out and back in works but we have to do it EVERY time we switch to Bambu Handy which is not practical. Also this is affecting multiple users. Also we started reporting this Saturday and you right now are the first response we have ever received back from Bambu which isn’t acceptable - you need a support queue for cloud services we can email about outages like this so they get seen by a human much sooner

Hello,

Any issue we encounter with the cloud will be reported on the Status page.
Right now, the issue is not reproduced. But we will look into it.

Thanks
Ciprian

1 Like

You have multiple user reports here, in support tickets, and on facebook. They all reported it starting roughly the same time. You have a cloud outage whether you can reproduce it or not.

Again, that status page is utterly meaningless if it requires manual updating

But we will look into it

I hope you mean you ARE looking into it. Several of us have been unable to use Bambu Handy for 3 days now and contacting you to report it has proven impossible.

Please tell us you ARE looking in to it, and not merely WILL look into it at some later point in time

The Cloud team is checking to see if there’s a problem. If found, it will be solved.

2 Likes

And if it’s not found? We will just never be able to use Bambu Handy ever again? :sweat_smile:

I guess you know the answer to that question :slight_smile:
We’ll find the issue and solve it.

2 Likes

Back with updates.

The cloud team has checked the functionality of the services and everything is running as expected.

If you encounter issues, please make sure to do the following:

1. Sign out from the app, then sign in again with your Bambu Account.
  2. If the issue is not solved, try to re-install the app.
  3. Clear data/cache from app if you are on Android.

If the options shared above do not work, please open a ticket and our colleagues will help

Thanks
Ciprian

1 Like

Then they missed something because several users suddenly can’t connect with Bambu Handy all at the same time without signing out and back in to their accounts over and over every time they switch to or open the app.

There are open support tickets, for over 3 days now, completely unacknowledged.

I know you/they are trying but your responses are ignoring the evidence of a tangible problem there and come across as gaslighting to be honest.

Ticket US230415251001 if you want to poke someone about it, I would appreciate it thanks

@ Ciprian
I do not think this is an outage, this appears to be an app issue as logging out then back in does resolve the issue, until the app goes into the background for some time. Then it times out when trying to load the printer status. I suspect something was changed on the server side (as the app has not been updated). Maybe a auth token timeout was changed? The app may not be refreshing the auth token in the background?

I am on IOS 16.4.1, Bambu Handy 1.0.13.