Color touchscreen for P1P/P1S

Xtouch is great and for under $10 for the whole setup, you can’t go wrong. I use it all the time for moving the axes and adjusting fan speed and lights directly from the device and have not used the stock screen ever since the xtouch install. When you need to get something done quickly at the printer (like turning down the speed to 50% to fix something or pause the print quickly to prevent damage to the printer when something fails) it really comes in clutch. For somebody like me who has a single printer rather than a print farm, I don’t see any advantages of Panda touch compared to xtouch. These are rapid prototyping machines, not your laptop or phone, on which you might “need” a high quality and responsive display. But if you need to have responsiveness on all your electronics, 60 bucks isn’t much either, so it’s a win-win for both ends. Cheap enough to justify when you need it, and there are cheaper options to get most of the same functionality for single printer folk.

1 Like

Hopefully, they will implement the AMS features and a model preview. It would also be nice to make use of the RGB Led at the back of the ESPs screen.

They are waiting to see what road to take, once Bambulab is going to change the integration to a new API. Just hope we can do more with this.

no, can’t talk about it, but no.

1 Like

Brother I’ve been searching for the ams functionality just like you since I’ve installed the xtouch as well. I just hope sometime soon they’ll bring in the functionality to load/unload filaments directly from the ams. That will be a game changer

Panda Touch has that functionality and a lot more.

“NEED” isn’t the issue. Do you “NEED” a 3D printer… cool factor is great though, and as a working tool it’s great. The new version handles AMS fine… So, yes I too, use a computer from the living room at times…but the Panda touch adds a nice convenience and FUN Factor…

1 Like

for sure gadgets are always cool. ! its just that i wouldnt want people to think you cant use the printer without it.

Yup your right about that. I too set up the printer when it came in using the local screen and it works just fine and it’s functional.
But for me being recently retired, this is a hobby like Ham Radio and Metal detecting…it’s a fun factor. For $60.00 U.S. dollars it’s a nice feature…
However also note * I have found that for some unknown reason without warning or any notice the wireless connection between the computer 5 feet away and my notebook computer in the living room 25 feet away from the printer that I was getting times when I couldn’t connect to the Bambu 3D printer with wireless connection and had to copy the print onto an SD card and manually take it to the 3D printer. Then just as mysteriously it would start sometime later sometimes a few minutes sometimes a few hours. This has stopped since I added the Panda Touch screen. I have a regular wireless laser printer and other wireless devices connected and they don’t fail to respond at all during these Bambu blackouts (as I like to call them) . Also the router is 8 feet from the Bambu printer.

Try the newest firmware for the PT, indicates wifi connectivity has been addressed. I haven’t had issues so can’t say if true.

I have the latest updates… it still happens…2.4Ghz is so outdated and overloaded here in the U.S. it’s most likely interference on 2.4Ghz. I use my notebook and send wireless most of the time as mentioned in my previous posts but enjoy the nice color panel with the Panda. I think Bambu is missing an opportunity to sell an optional color controller. There is something interesting happening though when I have those connection problems I see others reporting network outages at Bambu soon thereafter and I’m using LAN only mode.

2 Likes