Connection to wifi problem

Hi All,

I have 2 X1C printers. Printer one connects to the house wifi no problem. Printer 2 will not connect, won’t even see the house wifi network. Printer 1 and Printer 2 both see the neighbours wifi.

I have done the following for printer 2. Rebooted the router and the wireless network. Connected it to the wifi on my iPhone (It works). Rebooted the printer multiple times inc removing the power cord for 30 seconds. But still won’t see my home wifi.

Can anyone suggest what else I could try. Thanks for any help.

Josh

How big is your house? I use to not beable to connect stuff on the other side of my house untill I got me a router with satellites that I plug in. Not sure if thats your issue but you might think about it.

If your router combines the 2.4ghz and 5ghz channels (like the xfinity box), you need to seperate them into 2 different channels and connect the printer to the 2.4ghz one.

If this is your problem, google “how to seperate 2.5ghz and 5ghz channels on xxxxxx router”

1 Like

Thanks both. Will have a read about both those things. But why would it impact one printer but not the other? They sit next to each other on the desk. They are both within 3ft of a satellite. I use the Orbi mesh wifi system.

Josh

quick update. one restart later and printer 2 is now connected. Both it and printer 1 are on 2.4GHz. Would love to know what happened so I can stop it happening again.

Josh

1 Like

@JoshBear
In my case, it would randomly switch to the 5gz channel somehow. Or my router would try and put it on the 5ghz one.

The simplest solution or identification of a faulty component is a factory reset.

1 Like

That’s rather than expected. My printer doesn’t identify any of my home 5GHz networks.

1 Like

“Or my router would try and put it on the 5ghz one.”
Im guessing you meant “rather unexpected”
This is why bambu suggests a dedicated 2.4 channel. I posted the whole support conversation in another thread.

Factory resetting is a band-aid

In case of strange behaviour, I found it helpful.
I just suggested it because of two identical printer models with different behaviour.

I didn’t ask, even if you didn’t mention it, but I assume both printers are in the same location.

1 Like

I have a similar issue: X1C connected to router and internet, no problem for two months. Now it connects to the router, but not to the internet. Other devices, computer, iPad, and phone all connect to router and internet with no issues. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

3 Likes

Hi, Try connecting them to the internet via tethering to your phone and then rebind them to your account. That has worked for me so far. TBH it took 3 goes.

Josh

Change the Wifi Name worked for me. reconnect profile.

1 Like

This was extremely helpful I couldn’t connect my printer to my phone because my phone was using my 5g WiFi.

Sounds great. Im glad it was helpful.

Here are one ways to remove saved Wi-Fi networks on your iPhone, depending on whether you want to delete a single network or all of them. To delete all saved Wi-Fi networks (and other network settings):-

This will remove the passwords for all Wi-Fi networks you’ve ever connected to, so be sure you have them written down before proceeding.

1. Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
  2. Tap on General.
  3. Scroll down and tap Transfer or Reset iPhone.
  4. Tap Reset.
  5. Choose Reset Network Settings.
  6. You will be prompted to enter your passcode. Once entered, tap Reset Network Settings to confirm.