Customer Support Update - Bambu Lab

Hello again,

While it’s much better now with responsiveness of the support - it’s exactly 3 days, still provided “help” is still very poor.

I also have got defective P1P, which I diagnosed myself. I have always had problems with accuracy of vertical walls, which all are slanted in -X direction. I’ve tried literally everything, numerous calibrations, all the maintenance procedures etc. I’ve finally discovered that the printer is not square at all! Z-axis linear guides are not perpendicular to bed, which means that the bed travels not straight up and down. The printer is simply defective.

Yet the support and R&D team is blind to provided photos, videos and measurements. They don’t want to solve the issue!

1 Like

I thought I also ran into the same thing, but I can only see the tickets I’ve logged in the Handy app. None of them are in the portal when I log into my account in a web browser. I’d be curious to see if you see the same thing?

1 Like

Sorry I know it’s not the same thing. But it seems to work fine for me the other way. I created the ticket on the web site and can also see it in the Handy app.

I can confirm that it is working fine for me now

What is the issue here? Uneven temperature distribution?

Issue was we had a high rate of failure with bed adhesion issues.

I found several problems.

• X endcap cracked in 2 places, which allowed the poo flinger to direct filament back up into the nozzle area. Somehow, this resulted in plastic between the heater and the hot end, causing a lot of jamming because of poor thermals. (Bambu to their credit sent me a model to print a replacement this morning, a week late)

• Bed heating unevenly causes warping on any large print. Smaller prints experience it too, just depending on where the part is. Thats why I got out the thermal.

• While the bed is levelled, first layer often has rough patches where the extruder skips. I dont believe the mesh data is being applied.

• Several other users on twitter recommended swapping out the factory bed for a 3rd party. Rate of failure has dropped drastically, although warping is still an issue.

1 Like

I have been waiting 6 weeks and have still not had a reply.

What is the delta range on your thermal image? What material are you printing that is warping. I have tried a number of after market beds and have serious adhesion issues with them. Be sure to follow the print recommendations for door open/closed lid on/off, bed temps etc. I used to not take the door/lid recommendations that seriously but have found it is imperative.

I have well over 2000 hours on my printer almost running non-stop and it has been awesome. Zero complaints.

I have found for materials like ASA and PC I usually need to elevate the print bed temp about 10 degrees over those recomended by Bambu.

Depending on the material, I would resort back to the engineering or smooth PEI sheet, use the lidar, and use the bambu liquid glue per recommendations. I prefer the liquid glue to the bambu glue stick.

Good luck. Keep us posted what you figure out.

Got a reply this morning, which is the first aside from an auto-reply.

They sent an STL for the part that is broken. 4th try should be the charm!

Its an A1, there are no doors.

Not sure on the range, but I was adjusting for better contrast. If I do any PLA that gets within an inch of the bed edge, it warps. It also warps in a few places on the middle of the bed. Strock beed was worse, since swapping it this week, Ive had much better results. Although, ASA (spaghetti above) still seems to be a problem, I can get about 3 layers before it pops off.

Trying good old blue tape to see if I can get this end bracket to run. Fingers crossed this time.

Have you tried to clean the build plate with soap and hot water? I say hot water because you may have a fair bit of oil caught in the texture part of your build plate. Some people have used green scotch bright to scuff the surface with good results. Then follow with a good washing.

Hope this helps

1 Like

There is way more problem than just a late reply. Most of the people just got a reply of " This problem in range " and basicly they are trying to get rid of the people away. That is why i returned my Bambulab after a 1 month of fighting with Customer support and did not got a new one. Printers are top of the line if it works out of the box… if not you are in deep trouble

3 Likes

Okay so it has been almost 2 weeks now, and still no answer. What should I do?

1 Like

How could you return something after 1 month? I mean, they are probably doing their best, but waiting for 2 weeks or even longer is hilarious, if you compare this to prusa for example, they reply instantly via live chat and you wait 30 mins at max……

1 Like

I am also having problems with customer support. After long-term troubleshooting and difficult communication with support, I have experienced further problems with the printer during two months of using the X1C. According to support, the printer needs to be replaced. I received instructions on how to pack it with the promise that I would receive instructions and a number for shipping. I sent photos and a video of the packaging and have not received any response since then. It has been 11 days without a response or shipping instructions. I am waiting, unable to print, and I feel hopeless. This is not how such a company should behave and it should bear the consequences, as this is a major failure. They should focus more on the quality and support of their products and less on marketing. Unfortunately, nowadays quality does not sell as much as bought-in marketing from YouTube influencers.

2 Likes

My P1S just stopped powering on over a week ago. I immediately put in a support ticket and received the confirmation automated email. It’s now been 8 calendar days and 6 business days and I still haven’t had any response. I’m 100% dead in the water and can’t use my machine at all and no one has contacted me. There is no way to escalate or chat to / speak to a human being even to get an estimate on when I will get a response. Once you do get to me, based on my prior experiences, there will be 2-3 days wait in between any contacts and requests by your staff to isolate and identify whatever component is causing the issue… which means at least another full week before there is even a possibility of them shipping whatever part or parts are needed to resolve, then with shipping delays it could be another weeks time before I can optimistically expect to be back up and running.

The post about support being a priority sounds good but the state of affairs right now is unacceptable, considering all of us (not just the A1 customers) have been asking for an actual usable system and response time since the beginning. The company has ignored all of our concerns & requests for improvement all this time, but now that you have your first major recall of a very public safety issue, you want to make us feel better by telling us that support is important to you? You do realize that on ALL of the 3D printing forums, discord channels, social media and even on your own reddit communities the top warning to potential new owners is the horrible support that current owners have received. It’s not cost, reliability or anything to do with your actual printers even with the safety recall on the A1, it’s your support. A lot of us even hesitated before buying because of the potential issues if we needed support and it’s still surprisingly bad, even with the low expectations we had from that. Don’t get me wrong, I absolutely love everything about my printer, and I’ve consistently recommended BBL based on quality etc… with a caution based solely on my personal experiences with your support.

I’m not just frustrated with the quality and responsiveness of your support on a personal level, I’m appalled on a professional level at the visible lack of concern about a broken support process as I’ve worked in and around technical support since the early 90’s.

The very first introduction to your companies
Support ecosystem is a static web form that requires the same exact information regardless of the issue is technical, order related or print related. Let’s take my issue - “printer won’t power on”. How am I going to be able to provide printer log files? What relevance is my order number? My serial number should provide all of that info since it’s all in your systems already. It’s under warranty, it won’t turn on. That should at a minimum make all the fields on your form that are 100% useless to both you and I greyed out or at least not required.

The fact that you have a barely modified sales support form with a few added fields that don’t appear to make cohesive sense sends a distinct message to us… that message is that you care so little about us that you haven’t actually sat down to define an actual support process and you are far more interested in selling printers than you are in keeping customers up and running.

The worst part of it is it’s 100% preventable and may not even reflect how your organizations goals. Lots of us have tried to raise awareness of these problems over the past 12 months where I’ve been actively paying attention, and have gotten zero response from company resources until this whole A1 situation, where it seems like you are now reacting only because of the additional scrutiny it’s gathered.

My (completely unasked for) advice would be to
reach out to some organizations with great support reputations like Apple, HP, Dell etc and see if they are willing to do a round table or even just a Q&A session to provide some insight into how they triage support contacts across the globe for their sales support, warranty, software and hardware processes.

As far as completely unasked for advice, I’d consider having support during business hours (or at least overlapping) for the major area’s you sell to. The whole 2-3 days between responses due to time zone differences is killing us. (Particularly when it is just your techs asking for information that was already provided in the ticket, had they bothered to look.)

4 Likes

I feel sorry for you that you’ve had to go through this. It would be even worse if the user had no mechanical or electrical skills and had to perform a delicate repair without any local support.
Unfortunately, Bambu Lab employees hired in their support branch don’t seem to visit this forum. If they do, I’ve never seen them reply to anyone’s concerns.

I’ve got some neuropathy in my hands, which is actually one of the reasons I chose Bambu over another Prusa, as I think the nozzle swap and maintenance is a little better when you have mobility challenges. The hot end connectors are tiny and can be a pain to line up, but it’s way better than trying to hot swap a nozzle.

Sent initial Ticket - 3/7/24 @ 09:45am

Now being 3/18/24 - Zero Response

Ticket is for what seems to be a failing rear side idler pulley on a P1P in warranty…
Its also a different variant of the P1P’s regarding the newer body style and the fact it came with a black PEI textured plate. So might’ve been old stock as our newer ones haven’t had any issues.

Update 2: I’ve was seeing that 1-2 day turnaround when I’m communicating with them now that they started working on the ticket. And after I provided a video they asked for that shows there is no power to anything they shipped me a replacement power module. I got it in a few days ago and unfortunately it made no difference at all. Power switch lights up showing there is power, but everything else is still dead. I sent them an update immediately that same day and have yet to hear back from them. It’s a bit ridiculous that it was over a weeks wait just to tell me they were ready to work the issue… then eat up 1-2 days between responses, another week for the part to get shipped from China and with the latest delayed response there is absolutely no possible way they will have me back up and printing by next Friday.

At this point I’m considering pursuing a consumer law case with them as I’ve had my printer about 6 months now.

Quick Update: It is Mar 19th and I’ve finally gotten a response to the support ticket I submitted on Mar 9th. No surprise, it was to ask for video of the different indicator lights on the machine from a couple different angles. No problem doing that, of course. I just hope it’s not another 10 day wait for a response this time. I’m starting to get too accustomed to the printer not working and having to fall back onto my slow (but functional) Prusa.

It would be handy to have the wiki or the support system to let you know what ‘evidence’ would be needed for common failures. (Not sure if ‘will not power on’ is a common enough failure to be included to be fair.)