Direct Lan Connection issue

Hi all,

I’m trying to connect my X1 directly through Lan but I’m unable to find it from Bambu Studio and handy.

I did the following according to the guide here : Failed to Connect Printer | Bambu Lab Wiki

1. disconnected the printer from Bambou cloud account
  2. checked my local network (printer respond to ping from any computer or mobile in my network)
  3. Disabled FW on windows devices (would be helpful to know the needed ports)

But I’m still unable to find it in “other devices” or from the mobile app

Did I miss something ? Any recommendation ?

1 Like

In the printer network setting you did turn on “LAN Only” mode?

Tried with and without this option, waited about 10-15min between each attempt in case the printer needed time to announce itself in the network.

In your case it only works with that option activated ?

The printer absolutely needs to be in LANOnly mode to access it directly on your LAN.

I never log into a Bambu account in Studio. I don’t know if that makes a difference.

Thanks, I’m going to test further in the next days, at least I know the correct settings for the lan only mode

Did you get yours to work?.. as I am having same issue…

Did you see this on the printer, when you switch to LAN mode ?

Just tested here. When I switch to LAN only, I go into Studio, Device and click on the device. It is still available and I can home the printer for example. Printer needs an active WLAN connection of course.

Yes, I got that message and clicked Yes. However in Bambu Studio, no other devices are listed to connect to. I only have one home wifi network, both printer and laptop (on which Bambu Studio runs, Win 10) have iP 10.0.0.x addresses…and I an ping the printer through Win 10 cmd line…

I played with the settings but still unable to make it work, obviously there must be a solution since several person succeeded.

What would be useful for the futur is a quick diag tool on the Studio app side, we manually enter the IP of the printer and we get an error code/description of what could potentially prevent the app to discover or connect to the printer.

I read somewhere that one solution could be a complete restart, i.e. log off the printer from the account and start from scratch, as if you had just received the printer.