Downgrading to 1.7.0

Where is the 1.7.0 firmware? I can’t seem to find it? the only option that shows up is 1.6.5.

3 Likes

You need to connect your printer to the Internet to be able to load the latest update.

4 Likes

It is connected to the internet. The handy app only shows 1.6.5.

The answer you’re looking for is that the word on the grapevine is that 01.06.05.00 should work just as well for what you’re wanting it for.

4 Likes

Bambu allegedly pulled it in order to stop people from using 3rd party firmware. I don’t expect that countermeasure to be very effective.

where is the 1.6.5 firmware i want to roll back from the 1.7.1 but when i use the app to try to rollback there are no options for me to pick from am i stuck with 1.7.1 now if so why

The 1.6.5 alao got removed

This is dick move from Bambulab. Yesterday I was able to downgrade to previous version via Bambu Handy app. Today, I’ve noticed, my X1C is showing warning that it’s not able to connect to internet, even though it’s running in LAN mode. Also, LAN mode stopped working. I’m able to see printer on Device tab, but when I click it, then it dissapears.

Edit: does someone have backups of 1.6.5 or 1.7.0 X1C FW ?

I still see 1.6.5 available. Haven’t tried downgrading. I actually would downgrade to 1.7.0 because 1.7.1 causes my camera to stop working randomly, so let’s hope they at least fix it promptly.

Pretty sure @bambulax1 your problems are not connected to this. Also a firmware image wouldn’t help you because the only (official and publicly available) way to upgrade/downgrade is directly from the printer connected to the internet. You could try factory reset (beware that you will lose or filament calibrations stored in the printer…)

Filament calibration isn’t a huge loss since you can record them down and put them in the filament gcode instead.

Considering trying the reset route, but I feel like it won’t matter since I have not heard of the 1.7.0 fw popping up afterwards,

Thats sucks i can send prints to the printer from bambu studio no problem i can use the app to control the printer just cant rollback like i cold before. i had prints lifting from my pei gold plate they were fine on 1.6.5 i have had to go back to my cold plate to get the print that had failed on my pei plate to print right . and yes the pei plate has been cleaned after every print like i said it was working fine on the old firmware but this one has its quirks

1 Like

Weird, I only see 1.6.6.3 as of right now. That’s in Bambu Handy - did you check in that app or directly on the printer? I’m in Europe.

After I updated to 1.07.01, I had the option in Handy of downgrading to 1.06.05 or to 1.07.00. Everything in Handy and Studio worked, and all prints were successful.

Today, “Previous versions” says only No content yet

Also, video stays black after I press Play, timing out after 23 seconds AND files on MicroSD cannot be accessed: Failed to connect the device. Please try again[-20011]

Printer controls in the app work and device status updates correctly. Studio is working as expected, including video and MicroSD access.

Haven’t experienced any camera issues on my X1C, but there was a new network plug-in update option yesterday with Bambu Studio. May it was a fix.

I was looking at Bambu Handy.
Just looked again and everything is gone, no rollback possible.

Dear Bambu, the cat is already out of the bag. People need the ability to downgrade. You are just making it worse by putting a spotlight on it even for people who don’t care about custom firmware. It was bound to happen sooner or later, so just learn to embrace it.

1 Like

This is embarrassing now.

After the youtube video on a custom firmware being available soon, Bambu just dropped support for downgrading, so that you can’t use it on your printer, like they pretend to own it or something, even though you bought it. This is so nice - not

2 Likes

Bambu should issue a press release explaining why all users are suddenly unable to rollback their firmware. I had this ability to rollback yesterday, and today all I see is “No content yet”

2 Likes

What do you mean? I still cant see downgrade options from 1.07.01.000