Dynamic Text Update in GCode

I found a poll for something similar to this but it’s a poll and not precisely what I’m looking for.

More specifically, we can place a location on a model where specific text can be placed. That text can be comprised of static text and variable text.

Ultimately, I’d like to have a consistent location on different models where it physically puts the date that the model was printed within the model. ex: I’d like “Printed Date: {year}-{month}-{day}” or something similar. So “Printed Date” would be static and the {} denote a variable. In this case, the variable can be pulled by NTP since the P1S is connected via WiFi and I’d imagine NTP is pulled anyway.

• This would be great for knowing the lifespan of a print/its materials
  • Would be helpful establishing warranty information
  • Can set it to be recessed into a print (for example, when I design specific prints, I have the name of the model on the bottom and that’s recessed into the print by .5mm or something like that)

The end result being a .3mf file that I can load up in Bambu Studio or Bambu Handy, send it to print with the static text of "Print Date " followed by the dynamic text of “{year} {month} {day}” that is at xyz location and the dynamic text is populated based on the time it was sent to be printed.

Of course, this could be expanded to include time, or other information; like “Printed by {printer model} with {filament type}” and maybe one day add “Nozzle temp {nozzle temperature}”, etc.

That is a neat idea.

3 Likes