Enclosing the P1P what else must be done?

I’m going to enclose my P1P so I can print ABS.

Other than printing the enclosure and getting the panels ready.

Is there anything else that should be done?

I’ve read that Bambu Suggest the MCU to now have a fan? I’m unsure if that is correct though.

Any assistance would be great.

Thank you

3 Likes

If you want the same printing speed as the X1C, you should also invest in the aux fan upgrade for the P1P.

The camera I think is not worth the money, with just 1/2 Fps and no spaghetti detection available.

Not required, but nice are the anti vibration feet, depending on where you place the machine.

And last, a hardened steel nozzle and hardened steel extruder. Both are not required to print ABS, but they prolong the lifetime of nozzle and gears and are required to print abrasive materials. You can skip them if you do not plan to print these materials and just buy them when the current parts fail.

I was lucky enough to get the Fan, Camera and Light as an early bird gift. So Camera and Light are installed. I hear a lot of people saying the MC needs a fan?

I do not own an P1P, so I cannot really say much about the microcontroller fan. If you encase the P1P, the microcontroller will be in a more heated environment and might require a fan if it is not installed already. But the MC of P1P and X1C aren’t the same, the P1P being quite a bit lower power might work well without any fan.

Just that while printing with ABS the exhaust fan is not used and the carbon cannot filter out anything :slight_smile:
Its more useful for PLA then ABS as it keeps the temp down enough if printing PLA in a hot environment, but I think the carbon filter is just a gimmick without much use really. If it would be attached to the aux fan it would be much more useful.