[Exclude Object]

when printing Multiple parts and 1 fails the option to cancel that one part and let the rest finish would be great.

16 Likes

So they need to update the slicer as well.
Label Objects - Bambu Lab Software / Bambu Studio - Bambu Lab Community Forum

This is a feature used often with Octoprint, its a lifesaver. The octoprint plugin is called “Exclude Region” and allows you to draw a box or a circle around the parts that you do not want to continue printing. It would be amazing if Bambu would incorporate something similar.

I’d love this as well. The Bambu is good, but nothing is perfect, so better support this so that when errors happen, rare or not, you can fix them.

Any news on this? It’s supported on several other platforms and with bambu, used in printfarms all over, it really should be in there.

Same question,

I am on a multiple part print and 1 item has come loose from the plate and is making spaghetti’s.

could be verry handy to exlude this part and continue printing.

1 Like

Cmon Bambu, please include this!!!

2 Likes

Added to X1C in the last update(early Aug 2023). Anyone with a p1p/p1s check if it’s on there?

Added in X1C, sure, but only in the app. Where is exlude object in the webui? I can’t find it anywhere!

It appears on app and touch screen. I don’t think it’s in the BL studio(yet) so if you are in “Lan only mode” it only works if you go to the touch screen.

On touch screen
Go to Home button
Click the arrow with 3 boxed under it
Select items and skip objects.

Sorry, but this is rubbish. I work from my laptop, I send my jobs from my laptop, I monitor them from my laptop and then I must walk over to the printer to cancel a failed object or find it with my phone? Who designed this?

OK. Or go cloud and do it from anywhere in the world with a cell phone.

If you use your laptop and truly need to use object exclusion and dont have a smart phone and can’t go to your printer I have a solution for that too.

Download Nox, bluestacks or any android emulator. Download the Bambu Handy app and use object exclusion from your laptop.

So your options currently are

1. get up and do it on screen.
    2.Download an android emulator and run handy from your laptop
    3.Or use your smart phone.

Just remember this wasn’t even an option for the first 12 months of release. So if you had your printer before that you never had the option at all until recently. It was never promised but it is here in one form or another. Based on how they update the firmware, and software it will probably come at some point just like camera access on Lan only.

I don’t think you understand. Bambu has made BambuStudio the primary control center for printing, but it lacks this. This is clearly a bug that must be fixed.

1 Like

A bug is a feature that works incorrectly.
That is not the same as a feature that does not exist.

An airplane that falls from the sky has a bug.
A car that does not fly does not.

2 Likes