Extending AMS distance from printer

I’d like to move my AMS a bit further away from my printer (currently ams is on a tabletop and printer on the floor), on the store page I see some cables but not exactly sure which to buy? Or if there are longer than stock options. I’ll probably buy my own bowden tube but would like a longer AMS-to-hub cable

Thanks!

The AMS Hub comes with four longer cables. I am not aware that these can be bought separately. It may be worthwhile to buy the hub just for that - and you’ll be ready for your second, third or fourth AMS.

4 Likes

You should be able buy the 6 pin “Hub to AMS” cable, it’s 1500mm, that seems like the longest size they offer. It’s 3 times longer than the 6 pin “Buffer to AMS” cable, that comes with the AMS.
It’s available in Canada for $7.99 CAD.

As mentioned, it also comes with the hub if you’re looking to connect more than 1 AMS.

I thought I read that there might be an adapter or something to connect cables together, but who knows if that’s true.

Ah, I missed that Bambu does indeed offer the 1500mm cable. $3.99 in the US store.

2 Likes

Depending on your setup, maybe this could also help :

1 Like

There’s no setting for PTFE length - it just feeds until the filament reaches the printer.

1 Like

Thanks for the hint initially looked for the cable, but I couldn’t find it but after searching for 1500. I was able to find it in the drop-down menu under AMS cables in the Canada store.

No it doesn’t, i had a problem with my y-splitter that “opened” while color changing. Because of this, he could spool the filament in my room but stopped after…i would say… 1.5 to 2 meters.
If you would take a longer PTFE, i would think he would also stop.

1 Like

Search for Molex 2451320620 Its works great

1 Like

I haven’t found distance to cause a problem with retractions. As long as the filament retracts from the extruder, the AMS will rewind for quite a long time.

1 Like

If the filament runs out before it reaches the hub, that’s the loss.

Something to consider I guess as this will decrease the size of a runout spool.