Extension board dissapointment

Hi there,
I can´t seem to find any real use case for this product or am I missing something? I mean there are use cases in theory (auto bed clearing and repetitive printing in a print farm). But nobody seems to have built one right? And besides the X1C having the ability to activate the tool head light on an off with GCODE, Bambu does not seem to offer much support?
Background is I have 20 P1Ps, print bigger numbers of parts and every 6-12 hours I need to go and clear the build plate. I have been experimenting with putting my printer upside down (works great most of the time) and a pneumatic arm that pushes the parts of the bed once the build plate has cooled down.
Nothing for a mass production, so I was really hoping to get an expansion board, which I then did not.
If you are reading this as a developer and come up with a different idea, I am happy to pay for it.

1 Like

even with a board like that, you would need a mechanism of sorts to clear the build plate. and after x prints on the same plate you would get adhesion issues and it would need a clean. how do you want to address those issues?

Have you seen this project?

5 Likes

P1P AutoEjector v1.1 - YouTube

1 Like

join the 3Dque discord and see if you can join their Bambu beta.
Might be exactly what you are looking for.

thanks, I did. will be happy to test it once available.

however I can´t see anyone with an exciting extension board project, right?

I can’t find it right now but I saw a YouTube video of a guy who set up an X1C that would pause at a point where a robot arm would come from the top and drop in fasters into the print then finish the print.

10 Likes

I’m using the USB port for an additional UI display and need a 5vdc/2A connection for riser LED’s. My P1S came with the camera and light so the AP board LED connection is in use. I been thinking about using the AP board LED connection to control a relay to switch dc power with more Current (2.6a seems like a good start) to drive LED’s. Looking at the Extension board I see that such things are possible but not the ideal solution for me. I know I can use a volt meter to probe around but wonder if there are any technical specs or drawing with this information? Let’s make such an accessory for the hobbyist. Anybody?