Fail to feed filament into toolhead

Check your Buffer spring, sometimes they get dislodged and the slide cannot travel the full throw. I’ve had this before and it shows clogged extruder errors etc, there is some mention in the wiki but its not always the first or obvious place. Nothing is foolproof though, there could be a number of causes.

And, reverted to previous firmware and now seems to be working. Will test further later, but I have a print to make…

1 Like

Yes, this seems to be a bug in latest firmware. Started to get the same error after update.
Too bad i’ve discovered this post after disassembling both printer and ams looking for a cause :slight_smile:

2 Likes

new here and also having issues with printing

+1 to seeing the error after three attempts failing to push into the hot end. Also seeing this fail once or twice, avoiding the error code but still slowing down the print time

I have found removing the top and straightening the feed pipe down can help. After a few retries it usually will go though.

I had the same problem, and resolved it 100% by going back to the previous firmware version.

2 Likes

Same, I even replaced extruder and hot end and still had filament load errors even though it was pushing filament into the hot end. after reverting to older firmware issue was gone.

I hope that Bamboo Lab is already producing an updated version of the firmware, which will correct this problem and also come with new language options such as Brazilian Portuguese

Same for me, issue appeared after the latest firmware update, according to the previous messages, it looks more and more to be related.

Will try to revert to the previous one and check again.

Just reverted my X1C to firmware 1.07.02.00 and it seems to have solved this issue. I manually executed several filament changes from the AMS, not a single failure !

1 Like

I can’t believe I spent about 6 hours today trying to figure out wtf was wrong with my printer when all I had to do roll back the firmware. Disassembled parts, installed entirely new parts. Seriously, why hasn’t this been hotfixed already?

1 Like

So glad I finally found this thread. I also started having this issue immediately after updating. Spent a couple weeks getting up and pushing the filament on every change just to get things to print.

Just downgraded to the last firmware and having no issues as well. If I had to wager a guess, they tinkered with or increased clog sensitivity to account for their concern over the extra filament retraction before filament swaps and that’s not turning out so well.

I am at a loss. This started happening to me as soon as I updated the firmware as well but after reverting to the previous version it is still doing it. The only way I can get any filament to load properly is by removing the lid and holding the PTFE tube straight up where I goes into the print head. I even changed the PTFE tube out for new stuff in case it was worn or something. I have a big multicolour print to do and I can’t be here for the entire 40+ hours to hold the tube up straight every time it does a filament change.

@muddie I’m assuming the firmware has triggered a fault that already existed in the machine setup. The amount of people having this issue is limited but it does exist. I suppose it’s a tolerance they’ve tightened up involving the reduced filament option thats at the base of it, but its only a guess :slight_smile:

As to your issue, have you tried a PTFE guide like this ? Possibly even your PTFE needs replacement due to either wear or a damaged bend.

Thanks, I might give the guide a go. As I said in my post though I replaced the PTFE tube already as part of my trouble shooting. So it’s not that.
Cheers

1 Like

Oops I missed that part, good plan. Besides the obvious mod, I don’t often recommend them as they tend to mask issues and sometimes cause them. My methodology starts from a clean slate ie. stock system and work through the basics till you can see an obvious problem, then follow through the rest of the path in case its not only one issue. You will get there, it isn’t easy at times :slight_smile:

1 Like

Rolling back to 01.07.02.00 fixed this issue on my X1. I checked everything posted in this thread first and tested as I went, nothing fixed it until the firmware rollback.

1 Like