Fail to feed filament into toolhead

I’m getting this error 0700 8006 142105 and not filament is going thru the extruder I see the filament going all the way to the entrance of the extruder but not going thru. Disassemble the extruder and not clog found I can even push a filament with my hand, install new hotten and nothing, filament gets to the entrance of the extruder an gets roll back, it does it 3 times and the error pops on the screen.
Any suggestion?? I don’t want to think I just purchased “Paperweight” I’m new to 3D printing and my reason to purchase this was the easy to use propaganda that I saw every where.

5 Likes

Do you have the AMS?

I am not understanding your statement that filament gets rolled back.

The AMS try to feed the filament into the extruder but it fails an rolled the filament back to the spool, it does that 3 times and pops the error on the screen.

Now in my attempts to get the printer working I unplugged the AMS and I was able to print with the spool holder on the back, but once I plug the AMS again all the problems feeding to the extruder start again

1 Like

Are you using Bambu Labs filament with the RFID tags? If so, is the AMS properly identifying the filament type? If you’re using a different brand of filament (not from Bambu Labs) then I believe you will need to set the filament type and temps on the printer (or Bambu Studio) before it will actually load the filament.

Check out this Reddit posting. See if their solution helps you…

P1P+AMS persistent “Failed to feed the filament into the toolhead” : BambuLab (reddit.com)

This happens to me when the filament is tangled in the spool. Does it do it for every filament you try ?

Being new to 3D printing I’m using every thin from Bambu Labs including the filaments just to have a smooth learning curve and avoid having variables that I don’t know how to solve. Actually my problem started when I try to load a new spool from Bambu Lab inside the AMS, it was a refill with the RFID tag on it and use an empty spool that came with my second AMS (which I haven’t install yet)

1 Like

I have the same problem, any luck resolving this issue?

1 Like

I’m having this issue as well but only with PAHT-CF, I have used 3 other filament types with no issue and i have Bambulabs PC running on it right now. Just refuses to feed the Bambulabs PAHT-CF brand new fresh out of the bag.

Same issue i have with the AMS and the feeding, The rootcourse is the
hub

And how to solve it ? I’ve got exactly the same problem.

Depends on the exact root cause. What I have had so far:

Common:

• PTFE Tube not pushed in fully → Push in fully
  • PTFE end damaged/not cut straight → Cut PTFE tube exactly straight

Less common:

• Filament expansion following heat creep → Test by cutting deformed filament tip, then avoid future heat creep by tweaking filament change settings

There’s also a thread here where a few people experienced a nasty issue with the extruders filament sensor being broken.

And of course for AMS jams, there are threads here and mods on Malerworld.

Hi, just got my A1 and after connecting everything I had the same issue. After some troubleshooting I found, that the first time AMS tries to feed the filament, it will hit extruder gear, cannot push trough it which results with error message. So the only thing you have to do is to push “extruder gear disengage lever” until filaments feeds into the hotend. After that, there will be a piece of filament in the hotend, because cutter cuts it before hotend. Next filament will push that piece out.

After messing around with this. My problem was the actual filiment. I changed rolls out and everything worked fine. Put the filiment that was causing issues back in. Errors again. I ended up cutting 500mm of filiment off that roll. It now freed fine.

So I’m unsure if it was the filiment diameter possibly?

1 Like

Hello, I am also new to 3D Printing, including Bambu Lab’s Printers, I currently own an X1 Carbon, with AMS, I have a problem, where I can feel the extruder slightly pulling the filament, it even starts the print, but during everything (purging filament, or calibration) it never actually prints, any reason to this?

It’s possible you have a nozzle clog but first I would try extruding filament from and external spool. Heat up the nozzle, load the filament and use the screen to extrude with the bed lowered down. If this works, try printing a part.

4 Likes

I bought two X1’s and I get Failed to feed filament outside the AMS on both machines all the time. Bambu labs are you going to update parts or can I request you to send new part this fix this issue. I cannot keep going with this problem.

1 Like

So I’ve been using an X1C since September and never had this issue. I have 2 for work and one has been set up fine for a while. Just unboxed the other one today and am having this problem. I’ve been working on it for a while and was baffled as it was the very first use and test print after setup. No filament will load. I’ve watched it 20 times go through the tubing and through the toolhead, instantly stopping and rewinding to the AMS over and over.

I finally figured out that there’s a stuck piece of filament just inside the assembly from the factory. I know a lot of companies send a test through as part of QC before selling. I guess Bambu does the same. Has to be from them because it’s a color I don’t even own.

All I had to do was remove the tubing from the printhead, heat the nozzle, take a small piece of cut filament as a pusher, and pressed the extrude button until all of the old filament was purged. Once I saw the color change, I retracted the small piece I was holding until it was clear and I felt pretty confident there was nothing left in the path.

Immediate success and everything loads normally now.

1 Like

I’m having the same issue. Error message filament tracking and retracting time and time again. When it does act like it wants to print no filament comes out. I already cleaned the nozzle and extruder. I’m just beyond frustrated. How can I return it.

So, I have been using my X1C for nearly a year without major mishap. I was using it a week ago no problems. I updated the firmware just before trying to print and then…Extruding Filament Failed error. I heated my nozzle up to 300 and stuff dripped out the end, tried to load a few more times and actually got some new filament to at least show up dripping through (different color, different ams slot) but still getting the error. Since I had another brand new hot end AND brand new extruder, I installed those as a test and…still, same error.

As with the original poster, it feeds from the AMS all the way to the print head. Stops for a moment then almost immediately withdraws, winds back, tries again, three times all told, then stops and throws the error.

While the firmware upgrade MIGHT be a red herring, it’s just hard to fathom not having a problem at all prior, upgrading the firmware, then having the problem across filaments, AMS Slots AND a new extruder and hot end.

Hmm…anything I am missing?