Feature Request - Scheduled Printing

Since one of the main cons of the BL printers is noise, it would be really awesome to schedule prints to start at a future time. Personally, I would choose to run prints when I know I will be out of the room shared with the printer, whether that be at night or during the workday.

thanks!

36 Likes

Scheduled printing.
I would like to join the wish!
Because the printer is so loud and the wife in the house complains about the volume
I would like to have an option to start the print jobs time-controlled.
could not you build this into the firmware / Bambu Studio?

the printer is already in a closed cabinet, but the vibration at X/Y movements go through the whole house.

1 Like

I am really missing this. I regularly used it on my cheap CR20 with Octoprint (Plugin-Link). Really unfortunate not to have this feature available on the X1C.

2 Likes

I agree. This would be a great feature to have.

2 Likes

Yes I would like this too. The noise of printing during the night it too loud for the neighbours. It would be nice to be able to set a time period where the printer will pause the print.
Then I can print that Enterpride-D model in 3 colors that will take 8 days to complete only then it will take 12 days…

1 Like

This would be very useful for nylon printing as well. I do a lot of 12+ hour prints, and with nylon it’s best to remove supports ASAP. Being able to schedule prints would be very helpful.

3 Likes

Just got my printer today and I second this! The printer could be loud and it would be amazing if I could schedule it to print the morning.

2 Likes

We NEED THIS to Happen… waiting around for my glue to dry and then hit print can be very annoying! Also would be very nice for multiple printer job juggling!

2 Likes

I would also find this useful as I print with my filament in a dryer.
It would be nice to be able to schedule a print at a time when I know the filament will be dry.

2 Likes

Yes, PLEASE. Gotta get up and going in the morning. Would be fantastic to set it the night before and not worry about it.

In the meantime, one could setup a python script to click the print plate button and confirmation etc.

I think I’ll go that route while we wait.

But isn’t that the same as simply kicking off a print using the Handy app ? I mean when slicing you know how long a particular plate takes to print so should be able to easily calculate when to best kick off the print. The times the printer provides about finishing time etc. seems really accurate (unless you skip objects during print as the gcode will not be updated).

I’m sorry but can you clarify the similarities of a scheduled/chrono’d task that automatically wakes the PC up, launches the Bambu Studio App save file of your choice, selects whatever presets and settings you want, potentially re-slice with new settings, et cetera.

As opposed to manually doing this while you are busy at work, at the doctors office, et cetera?

I’m not sure I see what point you are trying to make sorry.

Please, Please add this. Would imagine this is simpler feature compare to other features to add.

Also would like this, electric is much cheaper during off peak hours. This would save me ALOT of money considering how many printers I am running.

I would appreciate such a feature too. This would make real sense! Please add it.

This would be a useful feature.

Perhaps combined with a start-pause-stop schedule feature for long prints so we can set periods that printing can and can’t take place.

1 Like

I would like this as well

Just set up my P1S today and truly tought this to be available. Please could you add it ?

I would love to schedule printing in the future for 2 reasons: cost of electricity (after midnight) pand noise. It would require a mechanism that only triggers the print if the plate is empty, but