Feature request -Turn off Hotend and AMS LED lights when in standby

Never Happens. I dont know what kind of smartplug you use, but Mine need activ aktivation by an App. And an 12 hour print… The printer has an resume-function. Just has to be activated.

I agree! We need better LED control!

1. When the printer times out or sleeps, there should be an option to allow the LEDs to also turn off.

2. On the LED control on the front panel of the X1C, either two controls to turn off LEDs (chamber LED, and Logo LED), or have the one LED control already there be able to turn both LEDs off/on at will.

When the printer is idle, there is no need to have ANY LEDs on. Using this in a dark room, the only bright light in the room is the Bambu Logo LED. Why not allow it to turn off when the printer is idle? Or at least allow an option for it in a printer configuration menu (I certainly hope there is hardware to support turning the logo LED on/off. I hope it’s not hardwired on!).

Bambu Lab X1 Series Bambu Lab X1-Carbon bambu-firmware feature-request firmware-feature bambu-handy-feature #

1 Like

Actually, the logo LED stays off when the printer first powers on. It is controlled by gcode. “M960 S5 P1” turns the light on, and “M960 S5 P0” turns the light off.

If you modify fdm_bbl_3dp_001_common.json by adding this before the last quotation mark on the line that starts with

machine_end_gcode": ";===== date: 20230428

then the logo lamp should turn off when the print job finishes

M960 S5 P0 ; turn off logo lamp\n

should :smiley: test as time allows

The downside to this is needing to modify the file every time the software updates.

5 Likes

Thanks for this! I’ll try it.

How can we get Bambu to fix/add this “fix”?

I just now tested this, it worked perfectly!

Thank you!

Bambu, please implement this change!

1 Like

You can put his in your filament profile at the end of gcode. So there is no implementation needed for logo turn off

I disagree, I think Bambu should fix this.

1 Like

I’m thinking it should be an option in either Studio (turn off logo lamp when print finishes) or on the control screen (just like the main enclosure light). Shouldn’t need to modify configs for something simple like this. If on a P1 series, no option needed.

1 Like

bonsoir pour le logo sur les X1C il suivi de modifier le gcode de fin d’impression dans les paramètres de l’imprimante
il y a un bout de temps que cela est en place chez moi et cela fonctionne a merveille
il faut rajouter “M960 S5 P0 ; turn off logo lamp” a la fin dans le paramètre code G de fin de machine
et si vous souhaite que la LED principal ne reste pas allumer en fin d’impression il suffi de ne pas l’allumer manuellement a partir de l’écran de l’imprimante
l’imprimante X1C le fera elle meme juste après avoir fait tous ces tests juste avant de démarrer l’impression et en fin d’impression elle s’éteint toute seule
si vous faite des impression de nuit et qui termine dans la nuit cela evite de laisse la LED allumer

Good evening for the logo on the X1C it followed by changing the end-of-print gcode in the printer settings

It’s been a while since it’s been in place at home and it works wonderfully

You must add “M960 S5 P0; turn off logo lamp” at the end in the end of machine G code parameter

And if you want the main LED not to stay on at the end of printing, just don’t turn it on manually from the printer screen

The X1C printer will do it even just after doing all these tests just before starting printing and at the end of printing it turns off by itself

If you make night prints and finish at night it avoids letting the LED light up

tsmith35, I agree, an option would be a great idea.

Alternatively, an option to turn off all LEDs when the printer “sleeps”, then they can turn back on when it is next active.

If they put the option in the firmware, then it doesn’t affect any other software.

4 Likes

100% Agree!
I added

M18 S60; Turn off Motors after 60s
M960 S5 P0 ; turn off logo lamp

to the machine end GCode to turn off the LED and disable steppers after 60s.
I have not yet tested this, but I hope this works.

Still I would like to have a read standby mode added by bambu lab, that disables Fans, Steppers, Hotend and bed and turns off all LEDs after some time.
And I want the option to turn off the LED from the Touchscreen.

We all have slightly different preferences lol, but IMHO the toolhead LED should just follow the steppers’ power at all times. So when printer goes to standby, steppers become lame and LED goes out - and you’ll know right away that a homing will be needed for moving the head around.

Firmware version 01.05.01.00 (20230426) or newer already turns off the chamber light (if it was off when the print began), motors, and all fans a short time after a print completes.

The single LED in the print head just indicates that the printer is still powered on. If is too bright, well, that’s why they make black electrical tape. :smile:

1 Like

3D printing is still an emerging industry. The ability to customize and personalize devices is what sets the top tier off from the rest of the crowd. There are many other manufacturers to provide for the “one size fits all” consumers. :smiley:

Awesome info thanks everyone. :metal:

I also agree and would additionally like the feature to automatically turn off the camera light when idle, or when a defined time is reached, or when the print is finished.

While the logo light can be switched off by G-Code (see above) that doesn’t be the case for the camber light. Although if you are willing to tinker and have a smart home instance running (like OpenHAB or Home Assistant) you can control the chamber light via MQTT.

By sending the following payload to the printers broker you can switch the chamber light as you desire:

"system": {
   "sequence_id": "0"
   "command": "ledctrl"
   "led_node": "chamber_light"
   "led_mode": "on" # or off
   "led_on_time": 500
   "led_off_time": 500
   "loop_times": 0
   "interval_time": 0
}

This way I switch my chamber light via OpenHAB when the printer is idle for a given period of time, although I think it should be possible via G-Code…

2 Likes

This is such a good suggestion i don’t like my printer light on.

I’m coming into this a little late, but is there a way to shut the “LAMP” off when calibrating. Like a Gcode command to kill the light strip on the left side of the X1C?

M960 S5 P0 ; turn off logo lamp

ezgif-7-042af2e463
Works, why is the internal LED not controllable via G-Code?