Filament stuck in AMS between first stage feeder, how to fix?

I got the error “Failed to pull out the filament from the extruder”, but I was able to disconnect the PTFE on the back of printer, and filament came out of extruder, but is stuck on the other end. What caused it was my spool ran out, and must have been bent enough at the last bit to get jammed, in maybe the first stage feeder. I am also unable to push any filament into the feeder. What is the way to fix this jam?

The AMS can be taken apart quite easily. Disconnect the cables and PTFE tube from the back so you can place the AMS on a work surface and empty it of all filament spools and desiccant. There are 2 recessed hex screws towards the back by the desiccant holders holding the inner shell to the outter shell. Once the screws are removed you can tilt the inner shell forward to gain access to the underside and internal PTFE tubes. A jam can be inside the hub, a tube, or the first stage feeder - all of which can also be taken apart and are relatively straight forward tasks. Bambu has an excellent wiki with detailed step by step write-ups and sometimes videos. This page should get you started on your current issue:

How to remove the different PTFE tubes to help clear a broken or blocking filament | Bambu Lab Wiki

2 Likes