Hardened steel extruder P1S

I know I can buy the hardened steel extruder gears but can I buy the hardened steel extruder unit (X1) and swap it out with the standard one on the P1S

No I don’t think you can, I believe there are slight differences, just buy the hardened gears and swap them, that is what I did

@Reckit I wanted some spare nozzles for my P1S. They only offer Hardened Steel, so you can buy the hardened steel nozzle for the P1S.

Yes, they’re the same you just need to swap out the filament sensor board with your P1P one (2 screws)

2 Likes

Excellent Thanks for letting me know

Not the one for the X1 no but they do have hardened steel for the P1P/P1S

The plugs on the X1 hotend are different than the P1P/S.

Now as for the extruder all I did was buy the hardened gears and removed the stock gears and replace them with the hardened steel.

Ok thanks - I was just trying to be lazy - I think I’ll just buy the gears to save disappointment and guarantee it will work

ya thats all i did so i know the housing etc will work.

ya no x1 parts will work on the p1p except the mc fan and case fan the components are the same but the plugs are not.

I know what you mean regarding being lazy. It literally took me 15 minutes to swap the gears over on mine. I laid all the screws and bits out on the build plate as i took them out and in roughly the same position as i took them out so i knew where each screw went when going back together

What Hardened gears did you buy?

Thank you very much I appreciate your help. I didnt know which gear assembly that it came with I just ordered one.

No worries, you can also buy the whole assembly but why bother when all you need to change are the gears, I am still on my original hardened gears and same hardened 0.4mm hotend from new, nearly 2000hrs