Having trouble getting these plugs out, is there something in missing?

I want to remove a clog from my extruder, but i can get these damn cables out, I’ve already broken one trying and am not optimistic about bambu support, wtf am i missing some plz help

Theres a tool you can print for removing them by gripping the connector. Iirc its on printables. Its not hard to damage them as you found.

A small flathead can be used to gently pry them off as well. Pulling by the wires will break them imo.

Do you know what the plug pulling tool is called?

https://www.printables.com/model/380545-hotend-plug-removal-tool-for-bambu-labs-x1-printer

Thanks very much, but there’s a slight problem with that. I’ve only got the one printer so i can’t print until i get the issue fixed. So you know how the tool gets the plug out, maybe i can replicate it somehow?

I just did this yesterday and it was easy. I think you may be confused judging by your second photo. You do not unplug the individual wires. You just pull the white quick connect plugs. You just use your fingernails or a small flathead screwdriver to get under the edge and pull. Hope that helps!

No lol that was me trying to get the plug out, I’ll give the screw driver a go and report back.

Mine pulled out with very little force, so hopefully yours aren’t glued in or something weird.

if they are glued on, IPA on the glue makes it lift off really easy. Just use small pliers to loosen up the glue on the connector.

1 Like

I just did a nozzle change yesterday and the 3 plugs came out without issue. I use my fingernail and pull. It does seem like yours/some are in extra tight, hence the tool. Might be worth just ordering those parts from bambu e shop, either full hotend or thermistor and heater seperate

Alright, so mine were glued in i think, i followed advice from you guys, and have now fixed that problem. Unfortunately there was a screw in the cutter arm that i needed to loosen with a 1.5 hex key, but i didn’t know that. Long story is now ive stripped it and need to replace it. Does Anyone know if u should have one, or where i can get one. Photo of it linked a

You didn’t say what model printer you have, but you can get the entire arm, along with that screw for $5 on the Bambu site under accessories: Filament Cutter Lever | Bambu Lab Global

Use a dremel tool with a thin metal cut-off blade or similar to cut a slot into the head of that screw, then use an appropriate screwdriver to fasten it. (You could probably also use a hacksaw to cut the slot with the screw carefully mounted in a vise.) Order the replacement cutter for the next time you get to remove all this…

1 Like

It usually is not necessary on a small screw, but a little bit of heat from a hair dryer or heat gun will soften the blue loctite on the threads.

Don’t use the wrenches that came with the printer. The manufacturer of those tools carves them from dried blocks of expired cheese.

Get a quality set of wrenches made from hardened steel, which will fit properly without damaging the screw. Use the squared ends for initial loosening or final tightening, use the “ball” ends only to spin the screw in and out.

1 Like

Use a fuse puller for getting the cables out works like a charm, also please refer to the wiki when servicing your machine, it will save you a lot of money and headache. It is very detailed in pretty much every operation of servicing the machine. But yea future use get a fuse puller to get the little plugs out, also make sure to tuck wires back in the little channel or ya may get a tool cover flying off when it changes direction fast or slams into something.

1 Like

Probably also check for silicon glue on the connectors. Heat it up to remove.

I got a set of electronics tweezers to get the little connectors out and also to peel the silicon glue off before doing so. Makes it soo much easier.

The first day I got my X1S I tried printing with Prusa PETG and it clogged the print head. I had to clear the clog before I could print anything. I wanted to be super careful with the tiny connectors, and used metal tweezers to grip the plugs. The hard metal tool promptly snapped the plastic plug on the fan, and I had to order a new fan and wait a week to use the damned printer. Ever since I have used only my soft fingertips to pull the plugs. In my experience metal tweezers are a risk.

These tools work also great:

I know this a few months old now but I hope this helps someone who stumbles across this. Take the AMS off the top of the printer, if that’s where yours is, and put it to the side. There’s plenty of cable and tube length to change the placement unless you shrunk the length of the tube for some reason. Then take the glass off of the top. Without the AMS and top glass in the way it makes swapping out the hotends easier from start to finish. For instance you can take the other two connectors out fairly easy and save that fan connector for last. With the top glass off it’s very easy to get the angle and room to get the finger nails of both index fingers behind the edges of the connector and gently work it out without touching the wires. It makes putting everything back in easier as well.