Help with color selection

What am I doing wrong?

I have a new P1P and an AMS that is about a week old.
In the Prepare tab under the filament setting menu I select each AMS slot with the correct type and color. Then I go to the Device tab and I select the correct color and type for each slot.

Then I loaded a file that required only one color and I selected the the slot for the color that I wanted to use (#1 slot) and clicked on the load filament button. The AMS showed that the correct color was loaded and I sent the file to the printer. Then it printed from the number 2 slot.

I’ve printed 3 models since getting the AMS. Every time it’s used the wrong color. The only way that I can get the color that I want is to unload all of the other colors.

I have one other issue. I was getting near the end of the spool of a particular color and I loaded a second spool of the same color in the AMS with the other slots empty and selected the old spool to print first. After sending the print to the printer it selected the new spool and printed with that.

Thanks for your help.

The key to colour selection is when you transfer the print to the printer. The “Send print job to” dialog box will show the colours that the print was sliced with as well as the colours that the AMS reports. You need to make sure they match up. If they don’t you can rematch them by clicking on them and selecting the right slot/colour.

If you want to use particulare spool when there are multiple of the same colour, this is also where you match it.

AMS Slot