Help! - Y axis Resonance Frequency Error

Keep getting an error “The resonance frequency of the Y axis differs greatly from the last calibration…” Suggests I clean the carbon rods and rerun the calibration. Done that, still get the error occasionally.

Haven’t been able to find any info on this, anyone else run into this problem?

1 Like

Yes, same issue here.

Any solutions team Bambu?

Same here. I turn it off and back on and that seems to resolve it lol

Might be a bug

1 Like

It’s definitely a mechanical or electronic problem, it doesn’t happen to me.

I advise you to open a ticket from your reserved web area

Tony - B2B

I doubt it’s a bug. Most likely a quality control issue; specifically something not torqued properly or a sensor going berserk. Began occurring 2 months after receiving printer (approx 50 prints). Have performed the resonance calibration numerous times and cleaned rod, however does not help; resonance message re-emerges within 2-3 prints. Prints fine but def worrisome for longevity.

Does Bambu staff ever respond on these forums?

For the quickest response your best bet is to submit a ticket. Just remember that the pandemic is still playing havoc in China, so response times might be longer.

Understood, thank you!

But anyway i recommend to clean it from time to time… when you print very much…

Just an update - Did another recalibration (had done several) and haven’t had the issue since (been about 3 weeks now). Likely just a bug of some sort.

1 Like

hi, do you have a ams, do you change the filament.?. I think it happens when i change a filament in the ams maybe…

just unpacked my brand new x1 Carbon and have this message come up, did y adjustment as per instructions and nothing… error happen every print (4 prints all failed) the printer sounds like it shacking itself apart… very disappointing first experience coming from Prusa. I have log a support call but hope to fix it as three days to respond to an support call is poor… Should I just send it back?

Same issue here. Brand New X1C Carbon. Did the tensionning belt twice, 2 benchy fail for the moment. I used the internal memory gcode file. They both had a layer shift (X and Y) issue at the exact same layer.

I will try to slice one by myself. If it does not work i will open a ticket I think.

I’m very desapointed

1 Like

So try a few more tests, what i found is I re-flashed 4.x firmware back on to the system as the first thing it did was upgrade to the latest 6.x… so I just try an older firmware and Bingo!!! first print to work today, ok it only a benchy but before downgrading they came out as a pile of PLA :slight_smile: Hope this helps

1 Like

Hi,

Try to not use prefabricate benchy after update => slice STL Yourself.
(my response here https://forum.bambulab.com/t/four-day-old-x1c-y-axis-low/22855/32)

that makes sense… I’m just happy to have it print, will give the new firmware and Bency another go tomorrow.

Thanks for the reply

Did anyone get a fix for this. Since this fault happened for the first time, every time I try to print the printer throws a fault code and I haven’t had a decent print since with X & Y layer shift occurring 3/4 of the way into the print. This doesn’t mater what filament I use, what file I print & even with the latest firmware installed and the file sliced in the latest slicer software. I’ve tried to rule out a hardware issue with a full machine service last week. I’ve cleaned the carbon rods spotless several times, tried adjusting the belts as the machine instructed (three times) run the machine calibration before most prints, the print starts fine and bang a substantial layer shift occurs as described! It’s so frustrating. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated?

I have exactly the same problem as @Madz_03. Also tired everything to no avail.

Just setup my brand new X1C, and immediately did the firmware update. Couldn’t print the built-in benchy at any speed without this error, and bad layer shifts. Just rolled back to Firmware version 01.05.02.00 on the advise of another thread, and the error went away, and the layer shifts disappeared. Still not a totally perfect print, but lightyears better than with the latest software.

1 Like

Known bug with latest FW and pre sliced models. Don’t print the ones on the printer. Slice fresh if needs be