High Temp Plate Sticker Delamination

I have been using the high temp plates on my printers using the Bambu glue stick that came with them to print ASA. After 5 days of printing parts on them I noticed several bubbles showing under the high temp stickers.

From the information I can find online a solution is to clean the plates, turn them upside down with the engineering side up, then heat over 100C and let sit for about 30 minutes, then let them cool. This solution has not resolved the issue, and the bubbles still exist. I have even attempted to use a rubber roller to force the bubbles out, but it seems the adhesive under the bubbles is just not holding up.

I’m not sure if the parts were being removed too quickly from the plates after they cooled or not, but I would assume 10 minutes sitting out would be sufficient for the plates to cool before popping the parts off. I have ordered additional high temp plates and stickers to try swapping plates between prints to allow the printed plate to cool longer, and alternating to the opposite side with another high temp sticker on it. Hopefully this will mitigate the issue.

That being said, is there any newer information regarding why this happens, or alternatives to prevent this from happening in the future with the new plates I am waiting for?

I had the same issue with the cool plate sticker and tried to remove bubbles by flipping and heating to 100C for X amount of time. It did work but never got 100% all the bubbles and I ended up just pulling the sticker off until I reach the bubbles and pressing it back on carefully. I’ve now switched to a aftermarket PEI sheet that has a stronger adhesive and thicker than the cool plate stickers. Works well for me and no longer need to worry about bubbles.

Many people seem to have good experience with the Bambu textured PEI plate and the surface is sprayed on and not a sticker. The textured Bambu plate would be the quick and easy option vs. using after market parts.

1 Like

Thank you for your reply and info. I am not going to be able to use the textured plates as the parts I am printing need to have a flat surface. If you don’t mind, which aftermarket brand did you go with?

1 Like

You will need to cut it to fit the build plate and has I have been very happy with the upgrade. I have to warn you that the adhesive is very strong and it may damage the flexible plate if you ever need to take it off for replacement, but I have been using this PEI sheet on my Prusa MK2 with over 2000 hours and the sheet is still in very good shape. No more small bubbles anymore that I often get using the cool plate stickers with this Gizmo pei.

Recommendations on Getting Parts to Stick to Bed - Bambu Lab X1 Series / General discussions - Bambu Lab Community Forum