"Irrelevant Contest Models = Removed & 50 point deduction"

Well I guess should’ve read the terms. . I swore I did and what I find interesting is that it clearly states you can’t upload an old model to the contest. Yet there’s one from October lol

Point 8 : “Apple is not a sponsor…” ?! Weird!

2 Likes

I was referring to this:

But by reading your last message, it’s seems that’s not really what you had in mind. So nevermind :wink:

1 Like

Looking over the latest contests, the users need to have the possibility to report irrelevant submissions, the Vehicle Cabin contest is filled to the brim with nonsense, and it’s very frustrating we can’t report them.

1 Like

Hi,
You can report them in the model detail page. For now, select ‘Other’ for "Reason for reporting’ and provide the reasons why you believe this model is irrelevant. We will soon upgrade our reporting system to provide ‘irrelevant entry to contest’ as a reason for reporting.

1 Like

@MakerWorld Please release a statement fully covering who/what analyzes these reports.

The fact sometimes when a report is filed and its very clear it violates a rule, its removed within minutes.

Yet if there’s an account with conforming uploaded models but 1 instance of a non-conformance model nothing is done. .

There needs to be clarification as to what or who makes these decisions because even reporting clear rule violating models in or out of contests, they never seem to be removed.

Additionally, consider integrating another dropdown menu to facilitate the selection of the relevant contest when making reports. This enhancement aims to streamline the reporting process, minimizing the effort required for users.

3 Likes

@MakerWorld btw: Have you considered implementing volunteer moderators? There are certainly several creators whom I would fully trust to assist in moderating the platform, particularly in enforcing these straightforward rules.

Car CABIN Gadgets is the best example that no one at MW has control over the models added there, they prepare guidelines that a gigantic group of people do not follow, and MW does nothing about it.

“For our latest contest, we welcome makers to design gadgets and accessories that improve the functionality and aesthetics of the car cabin. From organizers and holders for smartphones, tablets, and other devices to innovative storage solutions, entertainment systems, and safety devices, the possibilities are endless. Whether it’s optimizing space utilization or enhancing interior design, we encourage you to think outside the box come up with gadgets and accessories to enhance the comfort, convenience, and safety of car cabins.”
one of the examples they add “-In-Cabin Signs”

And what suggestions do we see when we list them by the number of downloads?
Tire Valve Cup in fourth place, added on April 9, and at least a dozen others.
Tire Depth Gauge in position 9, added on April 10, and at least a dozen others.
A few rim cups
Mahjong game!!! added 5 days ago.
A dozen or so signs about bad parking, illegal parking, reserved parking spaces, etc. that certainly do not fall into the “In-Cabin Signs” category
Contes is not called Car Related but Car Cabin only, but no one does anything about it.

1 Like

Thanks for your suggestion. We’ve added the ability to report irrelevant models on the contest page in our next update so that our users can report contest entries that they believe are irrelevant on the specific contest pages.

1 Like

For this matter, we are having internal discussions about potentially inviting volunteer moderators for our community, we will let you guys know once a decision is reached, thanks for your concern

5 Likes

Nice :eyes:

This will streamline the moderation infinitely, we’ll all see a serious jump in quality in the contests when this is implemented.

Please please please vet the potential volunteer moderators well. We don’t need something like the power-trip type discord moderators that run by their own world ideas, not the specific makerworld guidelines.

1 Like

Just recruit them from Reddit. That’s the best way to make sure you’ll get well rounded, reasonable mods, lol.

I agree, and the fact that one of the makers of valve caps is in this thread defending why they should be relevant is wild. With the logic of adding a single line of text saying “always have a set ready in your cabin” to make it relevant. Well we might as well submit anything, what about the airless balls people have been making recently? Just slap in a line of text saying “keep one in the cabin of your car to always be ready wherever you go!” and voila, relevant entry right?

Now, I have nothing against this user, or anyone else submitting similar things. They’re simply not relevant to the contest, plain and simple. It would be relevant to the 0.2mm contest due to it’s size and could/should be submitted there.

There really isn’t that many entries submitted to these contests, especially considering the time span. It should be easy for Bambu to more actively monitor entries IMO.

But with all that said, it doesn’t mean these irrelevant models will win any prizes which makes it not a huge deal. But it still causes clutter in the contest page. I for one enjoy looking at entries to see what people come up with. And I don’t want to scroll through dozens upon dozens of models that don’t fit the contest parameters.

2 Likes

@MakerWorld I would suggest imposing the same 50-point penalty to other types of ineligible entries, such as remix, or a model that had won a contest before, etc. The 50-point fine should be for each violation. For example, if a model is uploaded again to the same contest after it was removed, another 50 points will be taken out of the account, for each reupload.

well, you are right in some way. but I wasn’t defending. I was complaining about beeing hidden without any notification while others where still there. …also I wasn’t punished with a 50 points penalty. so I was just wondering BUT was accepting. I just complained about the way this happened. and still this hasn’t changed as I was enabled again without any other notice.
I designed the caps not directly for the contest. I had in mind that soon people start changing their tires again. then I designed the caps. I hesitated adding them to the contest but saw others which also added external stuff. so then I did - but I was writing this sentence because bambu once said in another thread that this may legit the model. and it seems this was the case because they unhided it. of course it’s a kind of trick but this is even more related to the topic as mahjong or many others… …so - this was defending :wink:

by the way - just joking - this is not a kit card :stuck_out_tongue: