Just some possible network debugging info

If you are looking for your printer’s WiFi in Ubiquiti’s UniFi app, it shows up as “Harman Player” (as in harman kardon). Don’t know why, it just does.

nmap can’t figure out what it is, but reports ports 990 and 3000 open:

990/tcp  open  ssl/ftp vsftpd 3.0.3
3000/tcp open  ppp?

3000 is probably not really ppp though.

sftp (from putty) doesn’t work to connect to the printer, because it doesn’t support ftps (which is the same letters, just in a different order–and a different protocol! TIL…)

WinSCP works great: See We can now connect to FTP on the P1P for details. This is the easiest way to delete a bunch of timelapse files, as the Bambu Studio GUI only lets you delete them one at a time.

This is an oddly coincidental post! Just this morning I was looking on the UniFi app trying to figure out which device was my printer as I was having issues with the printer disconnecting from my network.

I’ve always seen that ‘Harman Player’ device but always assumed it was a smart TV or fire stick, etc in the house.

And up until today I’ve never actually looked for the printer on my network so not seeing it on there as ‘Bambu Lab X1C’ just coincided with the printer not connecting to my network.

Now I know what its actually called and I can go ahead and rename it in UniFi Network.

I’ve had the printer for almost a year and never thought about this and the day I do is the same day you make this post - strange!

Thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

FileZilla also works well if some people are used to that.

I had been looking at my devices for a different reason when I saw the “Harman player”. I have a lot of devices, but I was pretty sure I didn’t have any fancy audio gear connected, so it was really bugging me. I almost blocked it to see what broke!
But then today, when I couldn’t find the Bambu, I though “hmm…”, checked the IP address on the display, and now Unifi has the right name!
Glad my posting was so timely!