Loaded STL files in bambu Studio say that no geometry data!

I am experiencing this problem. I make my designs with Autocad Inventor Fusion 2013. I save them as STL. then I load them in Bambu Studio. I am getting an error " the file does not contain any geometry data" as a pop up followed by another “Loading of model file failed” This has started to happen recently and I found a solution. The file I open in simplify 3d (it opens perfectly well) Then I export it from simplify 3d as Binary Stl. Then I can load and work in Bambu Studio OK. This is an inconvenience as I have to e-mail it to another PC where I have simplify 3d, open it, export it and email it back. This has started since some update as before I could work seamelssly. I hope you can do something about it.

2 Likes

Software gets retired for a reason.

I’m getting the same error. I imported a STL file from ThingiVerse into OnShape when then exported the STL file into Bambu Studio.

I do not know what the hell (not to use a crude swearword) is this forum for… such an issue nobody cares a F***K to look into… THE stl file is good because it opens in simplify 3d…

16 days later…so for 15 days you did not give a FF…its a simplify3d issue, go talk to them, because I’ve had zero issues with anyother design software I use professionally none of which includes what your copy of your software and what ever plug-ins you have activated personally on your computer can be seen with what you wrote and described, you want help but yet you give NOTHING for it!

This is not a problem I have experienced myself only. I am waiting but what is this forum for? we put our problems here and we discuss suggestions how they are solved. You seem to have no problem and you are happy-good for you. Bamboo studio worked perfectly until some update was done and then started to behave like this. I have been working with this acad applictation for over 8 years with never an issue. I have the same app on three computers and on three computers I have bamboo studio installed. On all of them I get the same problem " the file does not contain any geometry data"
load this same file in SImplify 3d and opens first time. Now I open in prusa slicer and it opens ok.
If in simplify 3D,the same file open in simplify 3D I export- to Binary Stl, this new file will open with Bambu Studio then ok. So I strongly suspect something from Bambu Studio…

And in that specific CAD forum the programmers have stated what reason for their shortcomings for not keeping up with the industry standards?

I do not know why you are getting out of subject. The issue is with a bambu studio update. If you have no advise to give how to have this solved, your comments are irrelevant to finding a solution. Bambu studio worked seamlessly until a few weeks ago and I did not update anything in cad. Bambu support wake up- that is if there is any…

This literately is the ENTIRE reason for your post is it not, Your CAD program is missing geometry needed to interface completely with Bambu Slicer, Try OrcaSlicer and see if you can’t get a hold of your CAD software team and ask them why the models aren’t sending completed files in your chosen saved format, what it could be that YOU haven’t kept up with in the change logs.

I use Plasticity and Bamboo Studio - worked perfectly until latest update of Bamboo Studio - now keep gagging the ‘No geometry data’ message with both STEP and STL files. Has anyone got any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

Yes, yell at Placticity why they aren’t keeping up with the new formats

This is also happening to me when I export through blender. Hopefully this gets patched soon.

It seems nobody gives a damn about anything. I am no longer saving STL but IGES and for now I am working seamlessly. After spending a lot of money ( apart from the XI I hav 4 AMS and bought a load of spares, additional extruders etc ) the AMS when working in multcolors is as shaky as a bus in a 3rd world country…

Started having this problem myself, looks like it was resolved and is now broken again.

Welcome to the forum.

If you read back in this thread they (forum members) explain why it’s a problem.

1 Like

i have now also this problem with the geomitry data…

Hi. For me the solution was to delete the camera and light in Blender. Then the exported STL file opened without a problem.

i see im not the only one it’s like wtf i worked printed i store the file come back to it mouths later and now this bs any 1 fined a fix?

My issue was that i forgot to save my file in blender before i tried to export it as an STL, you need to save the finished file before exporting. That fixed it for me

i had the same issue when dividing the STL in more parts