Mac OS "Loading failed [-13]!" - Camera not working, not connecting

Mac OS 13.2.1
Bambu X1C not connecting via BambuStudio > Device tab.
“Loading failed [-13]!”
Virtual Camera Tools installed.
Camera feed visible on Bambu Handy

Screenshot 2023-02-28 at 8.08.28 pm

I have the same problem… How can I resolve it…?

yep, get this frequently.

I really really want to use LAN mode and have full functionality inside my network.

Same here,
i solved it with a program restart.
Seems like something in the video codec isn’t loading at all.

I also simply restarted the BambuStidio app and that fixed it.

I have the same issue. Often it works. Often it does not and produces this error.
Sometimes closing the app and re-opening solves it. Sometimes not.

@BambuLab This error code is not even described here: Camera Feed Trouble Shooting | Bambu Lab Wiki can you please fix the problem and/or provide instructions. Thanks.

1 Like

Same issue for me. @BambuLab please get this sorted out!

Yes, this should be documented and described - @BambuLab what is the reason for error code -13 with the camera feed (macOS)

I’m so jealous, I have yet to see mine work outside of the IOS app. On M1 Mac mini I get the same error code however I have yet to see anything for video on desktop app. I see the videos show up in recordings uncorrupted, guessing its Mac security.

It works on my Macbook M2 so it’s probably your network setup/security that prevents it from working, not macbook m*.

1 Like

Thanks for posting. Caused me to look again at the camera view and it’s now working. M1 Mac mini.

1 Like

This happens frequently to me using Macbook Pro M2, I’ve been unable to see the camera for last 2 weeks !

But I am tired of reporting cloud issues and requesting for a fully functional LAN alternative, I don’t think anybody at BL is listening or wants to listen.

It happens frequently here, too. But opening and closing orcaslicer or bambu studio fixes it in almost any case. I suppose something’s wrong with your setup or printer if you absolutely can’t see anything.

I am also having issues with the camera view within bambu studio.

Setup is x1c on wifi, Bambu Studio running on Mac connected via ethernet to the same network.

Most of the Bambu Studio features are working. I can control the fan speeds, light, and all the controls of x1c on the right side of the Device page work fine.

Camera most of the time will not start. and the Media tab on Devices page only says connecting.

The Camera does work via the ios bambu handy app.

I have noticed that if I disconnect the ethernet and connect via wifi on the Mac, the camera will start working.

1 Like

Check if you have any local firewall settings interfering. Sounds as if it’s the case.

Hit the same issue and found the following in the Bambu Studio logs.

MediaPlayCtrl::SetStatus: Initializing…
MediaPlayCtrl camera_url: bambu:///SERIALNUMBER?authkey=AUTHKEY&passwd=PASSWORD&region=us&device=SOMEID&version=01.06.02.01, machine: SOMEID
MediaPlayCtrl::SetStatus: Loading…
MediaPlayCtrl: start load
[BambuTunnelTutk::open] IOTC_Connect_ByUIDEx(SERIALNUMBER)…
process_task{ type:Backup, id:0, path:, object:0, extra:268}
process_ui_task{ type:Backup, id:0, path:, object:0, extra:268}
process_task{ type:Backup, id:0, path:, object:0, extra:269}
process_ui_task{ type:Backup, id:0, path:, object:0, extra:269}
MediaPlayCtrl: end load
[BambuTunnelTutk::open] IOTC_Connect_ByUIDEx failed SID [-13]
MediaPlayCtrl::onStateChanged: 0, last_state: 5
MediaPlayCtrl::onStateChanged: size: 0x0
MediaPlayCtrl::SetStatus: Loading failed [-13]!
MediaPlayCtrl: start stop
MediaPlayCtrl: end stop
MediaPlayCtrl::onStateChanged: 0, last_state: 3
MediaPlayCtrl::onStateChanged: 0, last_state: 3
[BambuTunnel::close]

I assume that some of tokens BambuStudio uses to connecto to the video stream via their cloud expires and this causes the issue.

The following works for me each time when Bambu Studio starts throwing me an error “Loading failed [-13]”:

1. Click on the “Home” and then click “Logout”
  2. Click “Login/Register” button and in the new window CLICK LOGOUT AGAIN
  3. Then log in a regular way with your email and password
  4. Viola - camera showing you a video stream again :wink:
1 Like

You are most certainly right. On the mobile app it shows since the most recent version an “authentication error”. Therefore most certainly a software problem that needs to be fixed on the bambulabs side.

I’m having the same issue, and have it very often. I tried burmuley’s method, but it did not work in my case.

Did someone come up with a solution?

Since a couple of days I’ve got the “Loading failed [-13]” error message on my computer. No error message in the Handy-app, but no picture either, just a black screen.

I´ve tried the log out-method, on both computer and app. It makes no diffrence.

Now I got a new message, Loading failed [-4]!

Still no picture :roll_eyes: