MakerWorld Exclusive Program is now Live!

I’m really sorry this happened to you as well. “Bait and switch” is an apt description. I still see more than 1,000 results for “coasters” enrolled in the exclusivity program. The question now is: Are there different rules for different people, or will they eventually go through and remove all of them? Unfortunately, both scenarios are problematic—the first for obvious reasons, and the second because the longer they take, the more points creators will lose.

Like you, I have other models currently enrolled, and I’m constantly worried they’ll decide something else isn’t eligible and remove it too. The worst part is, we can’t even opt out anymore, so we’re just sitting ducks.

I still have hope that @MakerWorld will recognize that the rollout hasn’t been ideal and take the right approach: remove everyone from the program, allow them to keep their points, and then relaunch with clear rules and criteria. Continuing as is doesn’t seem like a good idea—not just because of the negative impact on designers, which I’m sure isn’t their goal, but also because it’s not sustainable. They must have millions of models to review manually, and it hasn’t even been out for a week.

3 Likes