MakerWorld Release Note 08/29

Hi MakerWorld Community,

We’re excited to unveil the latest MakerWorld update, brimming with features designed to empower creators and elevate the user experience.

A detailed list of changes is available below:

1. Creator Center
▸ Added hot search keywords to provide creators with model inspiration

▸ Moved data analytics to the Creator Center

2. Personalized Recommendation Optimization
Deeply optimized the personalized recommendation algorithm, improved recommendation accuracy, increased the proportion of recommended high-quality new models, reduced recommendations of models without real photo covers, and decreased the frequency of repeated exposures of the same model to a single user.

3. Expanded the Scope of Content Preference Settings
Your preferred and blocked content settings will now be applied to both the personalized recommendation section and the entire 3D model page.

4. Enhanced Bambu Studio’s Built-in MakerWorld

▸ Users can now like, collect, and boost models within Bambu Studio

▸ Supports viewing your liked models list, collections, and setting content preferences

5. Improved the Visual Effects of Collections
Enhanced the visual appearance of the collection page to offer a more user-friendly experience.

6. Auto-correct Search Terms

Supports automatic correction of misspelled search terms. When the system detects a spelling error, it will automatically correct it and present the search results for the corrected term. You also have the option to search for the original term. This feature is currently being rolled out to a select group of users and will be made available to all users in the near future.

7. Creator-Controlled Print Profile Compatibility

If you are certain that your print profile is not compatible with a particular printer type, you can deselect it when uploading or editing the print profile. MakerWorld will then remove this printer type from the compatible printer list for your print profile.

8. Require Problem Description for Low Ratings

Users are required to provide a problem description when rating 3 stars or below. It helps gather feedback to improve print profiles.

9. Comment/Reply Click-through

Optimized the click-through behavior for in-site message comments/replies. Clicking the “View Details” button for a comment/reply will now directly take you to the comment section of the model page and pin the specific comment/reply to the top of the list for easy viewing.

10. Automatic Point Exchange for Mainland China Users

Support the redemption of Bambu Store Coupons (in Youzhan Mall) for Mainland China users. Currently, it supports the redemption of 1-5 coupons. Larger coupons will still require redemption via support ticket.

11. Optimized Performance for Uploading Multiple Raw Model Files

We improved page response when uploading a large number of raw model files. It will ensure a smoother user experience.

We look forward to your feedback!

MakerWorld Team

9 Likes

That’s awesome improvements ! I really appreciate those :

Thank you for your hard work, it’s highly appreciated :green_heart:

I believe this bullet point is referring to a bug that isn’t related to spam:

2 Likes

Ooops, my mistake :slight_smile: Apologies for the misunderstanding.

PS. Doesn’t let Makeworld off the hook in my case though :wink:

Love it. Everything is going towards the right direction. Love exploring the front page everyday, I feel like there always something new and interesting, and love the new creators center…Handy needs more work imo

1 Like

This approach isn’t working for me. It navigates to the model page and scrolls down to the comment section, but the comment isn’t pinned or highlighted. As a result, I still need to sort by “newest” to view the most recent comments. Additionally, there’s still a discrepancy: the 500-character limit for a direct reply via the notification page differs from the 5.000-character limit in the comment section on the model page.

1 Like

I use the BH app for most of my replies as it nails this.

Each area you touch goes somewhere else.

• Yellow goes to that user
  • Red goes directly to the rating made allowing you to press the reply button and share your wisdom or gratitude
  • Green takes you to the specific print profile on the specific model
  • Blue takes you to the specific model
2 Likes

So far the only 3-star rating I received was apparently written by a mad monkey at a typewriter NOT the one successfully writing the complete works of William Shakespeare.

1 Like

Indeed, it works the first time I’ve tried but now it’s not working anymore. Idk why.

I just tried it, it works way better than on the website. And actually, the red link is not applied to the text the whole notification card item (even better :green_heart:)

I am replying to around 100 comments and ratings a day at the moment.

I use some pre-written responses I grab from the iPad notes app.

If I copy those to the BH app, they retain the carriage returns, if I do the same to a browser, all those carriage returns are ignored.

One more win for the BH version.

1 Like

Damn! You’re a busy man! I’m not as assiduous as you on that matter ^^`

Thanks for the feedback, I’ll definitely use the handy app to reply to comments now. It will make my life way easier :wink:

@Uhl @Henlor @MalcTheOracle
It cost some to to rebuilt the comment indices in the database. The feature works now.

1 Like

I’d suggest also adding a photo requirement and if the rating is done by bambu handy make sure the error isn’t user fault (eg if the print failed due to filament run-out, that’s user error, if print failed due to nozzle clog - same thing) and since the bambu printers have automatic maintenance reminders - prevent bad rating from prints on printers that did not follow maintenance requirements (that will slash the number of problem prints dramatically)