MakerWorld Update 04/17

We’re thrilled to announce the latest update to MakerWorld, packed with features to empower creators and enhance the user experience.

New Features:

• Brand New Incentive: Boost System To enhance the incentive mechanism on MakerWorld, we’re introducing the Boost System, which prioritizes model quality over mere popularity. A portion of the budget from the Points Reward System (previously prioritizing likes) will be transferred to the Boost System, while maintaining an overall stable budget.

• Bill of Materials for Uploads Creators can add non-3D printed parts provided by Bambu Store’s Maker’s Supply section in the Bill of Materials. Users can browse the Bill of Materials on the model page and enjoy one-step purchasing.

Improvements:

• Download models without logging in (Captcha Required)

• Optimized search page

• Analytics Board: Impressions & conversion rates

• Optimized model page and top bar design

• Optimized content recommendations

• New Toy & Games > Construction Sets category

• Bubble message for important system notification

We look forward to your experience! Click here for detailed release notes.

The MakerWorld Team

6 Likes

New point reward system is bad, and most makers will probably stop designing for your website.

12 Likes

Nothing changes, this is an implementation

Name one website that has a better reward system for designers uploading models for free.

4 Likes

The only way we (Designers) verified ones or not can truly make (MW) the best platform for everyone is to come together. Not bashing each other or competing on every level, because honestly it feels as if we’ve been put against each other not gaining inspiration from one another and learning like I originally thought I’d gain.

It’s VERY clear designers MADE MakerWorld. Otherwise I 'dont see much models provided by BL, 1 designer has more likes lol

1 Like

printables… last contest was “engineering” based and the prize was an MK3… a printer is a printer…

Would you pay to use/download off MakerWorld?
How about a monthly subscription to gain access?

Read their blog

2 Likes

That’s a joke, right?

The contest is a contest, not a reward system. But if you want to compare contest prizes, I’d much rather the $500 USD Bambu gift card over an MK3 that I’d probably have to pay the shipping on and I would definitely have to pay import taxes on. $500 USD would get me a new A1. A1>MK3

Printables point system doesn’t come close to the MakerWorld system, even in it’s current form.

5 Likes

Where did you see this? Do you have a link to share with us ?

COME ON, contest prizes at Printables is not even close to what MakerWorld is offering…please be realistic here

Why should I post my models for free anyway??
I can also put it on Cults for a few dollars or euros. And there, I really get income after downloading.

4 Likes

Well, if you want to post your models on MakerWorld, they’re going to have to be for free.

I have no idea how that is relevant to MakerWorld-vs-Printables reward system.

2 Likes

This is what people are not clearly understanding though… its bait n switch my guy… you honestly think they’re going to do a $500 gift card forever? lol

yeah if they do itll come with a $20/month makerworld subscription as a pro member… support this move as much as you want some will as well. But nothing like this that involves money will be free to earn… forever. remember the critical word “Beta”

1 Like

Where did you hear this?

It’s not even free now! You are rewarded for your time making models and publishing them on MW.

When something is free on the internet, it’s because you’re the product ^^`

2 Likes

Printables usual contest reward is 400 Prusameters. Bambu can drop that $500 considerably and still beat 400 Prusameters.

Imagine eating rotten food and saying “it’s still better than eating poop”

It applies to the extent that I, as a designer, will choose the platform from which my investment in the model will be repaid in some way. If it pays off on mw, I’ll upload it for free, yes. If it pays off on cults, I’ll upload it there. A designer will obviously upload his models where the return is best.

I love mw don’t get me wrong! But the site was launched half a year ago, and during that time they want to bring in or suppress several year-old sites that are currently market leaders. Of course, it can be done, but it takes time and money. But as it looks now, they don’t want to give it time or spend more money on it (at least not as much as before)

They are now bringing in a reform that would benefit everyone (in theory) except for planners because it is a disadvantage for us

People don’t like or want to like, this boost is the same. A button 5 mm away that will not be used.

Because of this, many designers will leave if this continues. Not today, not tomorrow. But cost is cost.

3 Likes

THIS IS PURE SPECULATION**

• This was just a theory of which was made up and thought of by me AFTER reading the official Bambu Labs Blog on their new MW Feature “Boost”
1 Like

I wasn’t trying to argue plus it sounds like you’ve become one with MakerWorld which is fine since there’s plenty of others that will also. But I’d also like to mention that there’s a lot more to be earned “outside” of the platform.

MakerWorld will slowly creep into the rest of the other file hosting sites, basically as long point rewards is a thing here people will come back. I still love MW don’t get me wrong. My company doesn’t solely live off or provide for MakerWorld either… larger corporations, industrial clients and contracts pay. Not $40 gift cards and downloads my friend.

Best wishes on your endeavors, I see MW has made well on your portfolio

“All good thing’s must come to an end.”
Currently yes, I never said MW didn’t have good rewards. But there’s very clean reasoning behind as to why they do… Don’t be shocked when thing’s change

Do downloads from users without account still count towards downloads. From my testing it seems not.

2 Likes