MakerWorld Update 2024/03/12

Dear MakerWorld Community,

We are excited to announce a new update for MakerWorld with some new features and improvements:

▸ Newly Designed Homepage

▸ MakerLab Update: Share Your Templates, Spark New Creations

▸ Personalized Content Recommendations (rolling out this week)

▸ Search prediction feature and optimized search result page

▸ Support @mentions and username-based personal page URLs

▸ Print Profile reorder for designers

Click this message for detailed release notes.

The MakerWorld Team

9 Likes

In a previous thread, you mentioned that the spam via private message would be taken care of in this update, but I don’t see anything in the release notes.
Could you tell us what has been done or if it has been postponed to another update?

We did blocked some spams reported from the community in this update and it was added to the release note.

1 Like

Please rework the big main banner. It brings my phone to a halt while it’s slowly loading like back in the modem era.

Here a screen capture of how it behaves since the new design

I would also like for makerworld to remove the artificial limit in how many models are being loaded (which isn’t a lot) until it won’t go any further, ultimately forcing the user to use the app.

Screencap of the limited models loaded

Thanks for reporting the banner image size issue. We just replaced it with a proper resolution. The loading of the home page became much faster.

2 Likes

Yup, that’s fixed now!

Has there been any action taken against the creation of bot accounts in this update? It’s been pretty disheartening to see so many people taking advantage of the system.

1 Like

The real MVP right here! This along with the profile recommend function that was previously implemented helps a lot. Could it be expended so one can re-order recommended profiles too? They already get pushed to the top of the list under the designer’s print profiles. I think it could be useful to be able to organize them too though.

2 Likes

Thank you for the update. Could we have a small update to increase the image caption font? It’s very small.

1 Like

I have no clue if you guys say my forum post 5 days ago, but that is what I’ve been wanting for a while now. Thank you! Much easier to click a link to MW now!

What do they mean by reorder? If they mean you can only push a profile to the bottom of the list rather than delete it entirely, then it’s a slap in the face to designers.

As it stands right now, anyone can upload whatever files they want to your model via a print profile and there is nothing you can do about it.

Designers should have control over what gets uploaded to their models.

@MakerWorld @Tanklet

Yeah, you can’t remove/delete print profiles that aren’t yours, yet. I think the tools they have given do help though.

You can re-order your own print profiles only. Tested it, and works! You can also recommend print profiles that others upload, and those will be shown at the top of the list under your own print profiles.

So, at the moment, all you can really do is push unwanted profiles to the bottom.

Yeah, not everyone’s ideal, but it does give some tools at least to help highlight the print profiles that are wanted and push others down.

3 Likes

We are currently working on it, and if everything goes well, it will be included in the next update.

In this update, the reorder means designers can reorder their own print profiles, rather than others’ print profiles (except marking others’ print profiles as Recommended)

We will increase the font size. Thanks for the suggestion.

2 Likes

New spammer in private messages. Looks like a knockoff of makerworld judging by the picture they sent.

2 Likes

Probably still Anycubic trying to convert users. Makeronline i think was their domain.

2 Likes

It’s Elegoo, I also got that message worded differently

1 Like

The website is almost a replicate in layout.

when we are searching for a model… the option we see is users at top with a list of users before we see the models… I personally dont think we need to see all the user list and prefered how it was before to have the option to simply click users or models.
also we need to scroll down to see the models as we only see the users first and once we did scrolled down well we need to hit see more as we cannot see more models and only see random models at top of the list… wich makes no sense to me as some models are more popular anyways.