MC P1P Fan

Hi guys, I should install the fan on the motherboard so as to avoid any overheating problem. I know of the existence of a mini guide on reddit for the implementation. In the guide though, it is recommended to install the noctua with 3 pins without the PWM control, since it is locked firmware side for now.

The question is:
If I want to install the 4-pin noctua, is that a problem?
Or should I wait for the new firmware in the hope that PWR will be enabled?

Not for anything else, I would be annoyed to buy and install a fan by detaching the PWM and then find out that I can use another one that has this function.

1 Like

I have installed the bambu mc fan, 4-pin. Not working even with custom g-code. :)) Wait for the update.

Same, installed official fan with 4 pins and waiting for firmware to make it work. No rush for me as i don’t have enclosure yet and it is winter here.

I connected a noctua fan with a 4-pin connector. there is an instruction on reddit about it. it works great, all the time on. First I did a stepdown converter from the empty 12V PSU port to 5V, but later i got the correct plug and did it from scratch.

https://www.reddit.com/r/BambuLab/comments/113ghfc/guide_for_p1p_x1c_how_to_replace_stock_fan_with/