Multiple Account/Logins in Bambu Studio and Bambu Handy

Hello all,

It would be very handy to be able to login with multiple users accounts in both Bambu Studio and Bambu Handy. In this way users can switch to whichever account they wish to use, keep an eye on the printer(s) bound to the chosen accounts and be able to start or stop printer(s) pretty much on the fly. The way it works now is that users have to log-out and login to use the desired users account.

The reason for this request is workflow, in my situation I use Bambu Lab printers at my job and at home. At my job I use the account my job provides me, at home I use my personal account. The way it is now means I have to switch by logging out and logging in in order to keep an eye on the printers both at work and at home. This gets pretty annoying over time. The only way I can think of as of now to circumvent this is by using two devices etc.

Hopefully I’m clear enough with this feature request and the benefit it might provide users.

23 Likes

I would like to second that notion. I live close to my parents and brother. I would prefer not to give them my account but to permit the account they create access to my printer (still setting it up, and my first 3d printer). Actually found this request while attempting to google “How to setup multiple accounts to access bambu printer”. Thank you for your time, and I look forward to see how this thing works

8 Likes

I also have this same problem with the exact same scenario. I share my X1 work printer with my coworkers and didn’t want to set my work printer up on my home account, giving others access to my home printer also, so I created a new account specifically for work. But now I need to log out of my personal account and then back in with my shared work account daily, on both Bambu Studio and the companion app. And as of recently, I can no longer log in with saved Google credentials in Bambu Studio, as it redirects me to my browser not logged into my work account. I didn’t think it was going to be that big of a deal originally but it’s actually pretty inconvenient.

It would be pretty awesome if you could bond a printer to multiple accounts at least.

7 Likes

Same problematic here, a Bambu X1 shared among co-worker — have multiple accounts linked to a printer would be awesome. Right now we created a shared account but this is not the best way to handle this situation.

5 Likes

Diddo to everything stated so far. it is quite frustrating to have to have 1 single login account for so many people at work PLUS having my own x1 carbon at home I have to switch accounts all the time. PLEASE enable this feature to have multiple accounts connected to 1 printer!!! I cant stress how important this is from a business perspective using Bambu Labs printers.

5 Likes

As a school teacher I would like to be able to have my students all have an account to print with. But I would like the have the ability to set my account as the master and approve all prints sent to the machine before they start

5 Likes

I am using the printer in a school MakerSpace and would like to share the printer with different user accounts where I would have management capabilities for the printer.
Seeing who is printing what, prioritizing print queues, and so on. I also plan to buy a second Bambu Carbon X1 due to the great success of our first one. It would be great if I could share and manage both in a common cloud environment.

4 Likes

I will be buying 12 P1Ps and 2 X1 Carbons this summer and another 12 and 2 the following year for our high school and middle school 3D design classes. Yay! Students will be partnered up and have their own printer to manage. I’m hopeful there will be a good workflow for accounts so I’m standing by for any updates in this area! I could create a generic account for each machine, but it would be nice to have a centralized way to monitor them all.

3 Likes

I wish I had your school budget to spend on 3D printers :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I agree and thumb-up this posting.
Currently, I install two identical applications in separate ways on one mobile device (Samsung smartphone), and log-in with my company/personal account to use them. If the contents of this post are applied to the Bamboo Handy application, I think it will be able to improve abnormal usage patterns like me.

has this been updated where you can log two

I also would like this feature as I travel often and would like to send prints to the machine but find my daughter was the last one logged in

+1
Me and my son both uses the X1C, and we wish we could do that without logging in and out all the time

I really hope Bambu is listening here. Especially when they have the X1E coming out soon. They should reference how these 3 companies accomplish multiple user accounts: Ultimaker, Formlabs, Markforged.

This will also be essential as they eventually expand into larger, and more professional/corporate markets.

Please implement this feature as it really is a drawback to the whole usability of the machine. This should be very easy to implement and security wise shouldn’t be a problem. It’s both essential for home users and commercial users.

1 Like

Yes, a “switch accounts” function in Handy and Studio should be high priorities!

I also have an X1C at work and at home, which need to stay linked to seperate accounts.

2 Likes

Definitely would love some features to support multi-user access.
My brother and I share the one printer in the work space, and would be great if he could login on his own BambuLabs account to view the printer etc.
Could give options to vary the extra users permissions. Eg. My brother and I would both want admin full access. For schools, teachers would most likely want to be able to control their students accounts etc.

2 Likes

I totally agree, As I’m working in different companies where they all got Bambu Printers, I have to log out every time and log in to a new account. (Window, phone, ipad etc.), and as the program doesn’t save my login info it’s pretty annoying… It would be great if we could just change account… And to be honest, If Bambu wants to get into companies, they have to do this, plus do the multiple user on each printer

2 Likes

+1 on this or any plausible implementation of multi account access to bambu printers. Having my students fiddle with MicroSD cards is atrocious… :frowning:

2 Likes

I’m in a school setting and would love to be able to migrate away from our older makerbots. Here is a list of features that would make life easier for me in the classroom:
*Multiple Users- ideally there could be multiple account levels with admin and group members levels having access to the same printers.
*Cloud Based Slicing- In the age of Chromebooks in the school this would be very helpful to not have to rely on an IT department install updates if the slicing experience was in the cloud. This may not work for everyone but I would love it for my classroom.
*Hardened AMS or a Hardened Drybox that can plug into the AMS Hub- This way I can run multi material prints with abrasive filaments and not trash the AMS. Think PACF and nylon support material in the same print.
*IDEX with AMS Swapping capability- imagine having the ability to queue up a second nozzle with any filament in the AMS (or MULTIPLE AMSs) and not having to wait for the nozzle to heat up cool down between material changes. You wouldn’t need 5 hot ends if you can redirect the Bowden tubes between two nozzles.

That said we have two X1Cs and I hope to get more. For now we are waiting to see what comes next.

1 Like