Multiple accounts on printer

Same here. We are a school makerspace and my interns need to use it, sometimes remotely.
Switching accounts is a huge trouble especially when your wi-fi(IT folks) blocks the binding process and you have to use your hotspot.

1 Like

The way around would be to have a shared email and create an account with it. Then share access to all staff.

2 Likes

+1 this is a must have

2 Likes

Just purchased a printer today, had I known that multiple accounts/users were not permitted I probably wouldn’t have bothered. Am contemplating returning it. How is this still not a thing?

3 Likes

+1 just got my A1 yesterday and this was intended to be used by the whole family. Limiting the use to 1 account is kinda a drag. Hope they adds this soon.

2 Likes

Yes please! I just purchased an A1 for my wife and I to use and we will be using it for very different purposes. I’m very dissapointed to learn this isn’t already a thing. Why on earth would it not? We don’t want overflow of each other’s models, likes, collections, etc, but want to share the printer and use all the online features. Please implement this asap!

2 Likes

+1 , I don’t want to share my work printers to my kids, I want they have their account but I want to be able to control printers with my account, I can’t logout / login every time

Add multiple accounts or any access rules to control usage

2 Likes

+1 as well, how is it possible in this day and age that a networked tool like a printer doesn’t allow multiple people to access it, or at least submit prints to an admin type account to approve.

2 Likes

+9000 How this is not a thing. this is not a big feature it is a necessity.

2 Likes

+1 this is a must have

2 Likes

how is this not a standard feature?

2 Likes

+1 TBH I’m pretty shocked you can only have one account at a time! Thought I’d Google how to add an additional user and didn’t realise it wasn’t possible at present. We bought this printer so everyone in the family could use - please implement a solution :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Bump. This should be a standard feature.

2 Likes

+1 My company has purchased an X1E and just realised we cannot control it from separate accounts. This needs changing ASAP.

3 Likes

Same here! Big disapointement considering Windows Active directory where creating accounts is handle by ITs. Sharing an account is generally not a good practice too.
+1

2 Likes

Is this still not functional? Using the printer in an office setting - do we need to share 1 account across 500 people?

5 Likes

Oh come on guys? Really? Please tell us this feature is in the works?

3 Likes

This is a HUGE limitation for a classroom use of Bambu printers. I would like allow my students to use couple A1 Minis during my university digital fabrication course but this really kills all the convenience…

1 Like

MarkForge figured this out…

1 Like

+1 Please allow multiple accounts, or at least a master account that can provide access to other accounts on a printer.

1 Like