Multiple accounts on printer

@Lemming true, that would be even better. But I would be ok with anything that does not require coming to the printer and manually changing the account… Like this I will need students to use MicroSDs and thats even less convenient than Prusa SD cards we used until now…

+1 . My son and I are using 2 X1C at home. What about having pools of printers, pools of users, something allowing a user to book a printer and have the pairing between the printer & Studio for the duration of the booking ?

1 Like

1+. Especially for X1E as this is intended for enterprise use. This lack of functionality had been a deal breaker if we knew before purchase.

2 Likes

Ultimaker had this figured out 10 years ago and then proceeded to make it worse and worse with each update.

3 Likes

+1 to add multi-user on a single device

1 Like

+1 Please allow multiple accounts. Sharing the printer with 50+ co-workers is a hassle under a single account. A master account, with multiple users support would be ideal.

1 Like

+1 My flatmate and I share a couple P1S printers and we’ve just resorted to making a shared account, but if we could retain our own individual accounts while still having an easier way to share profiles (since the advantage to sharing one account is that any changes automatically get uploaded to the cloud for the other to use when logged in with the same account), that would be ideal.

1 Like

Yes multiple accounts need to be added.

1 Like

For god sakes BL, please get this added. I went out of my way to sell purchasing a P1S for work to my boss and not having the ability to share accounts is preventing us from moving forward with the purchase, not to mention the forced association with the BL Cloud which is gumming up our network requiring us to use LAN Only for the trial I did with my personal print. Please get with the times and add this feature!

2 Likes

I pushed for getting an X1E for work, assuming the “Enterprise” meant it could be used in an enterprise with multiple people. Pretty disappointed that there isn’t a clean, secure way to share the printer.

2 Likes

I can see the reason many want this feature. However one reason I’m guessing as to why it’s not implemented yet is the rewards system on makerworld would need some serious changes to keep 500 accounts using 1 printer to farm points. It’s already a huge issue without that feature.

2 Likes

Bambu’s focus should be on making quality, usable, printers. Even more so if they want to sell to enterprise users. If Makerworld is interfering with that, then the MW points incentives should disappear.

4 Likes

Having the same problem here. One Apartment, one Printer, two people. Have to share an account now. Why ?

1 Like

+1000000 Just got this and finishing calibration and me and my son cant have this on both our phones? What the heck.

2 Likes

+1. Bambu, please add this feature. This should be fairly simple to implement.

1 Like

+1 need this feature this will be great to keep kids separated

1 Like

I share the concerns of TJB, but maybe a solution could be if the printers serial number would get blacklisted from MakerWorld Reward System if any of the associated users breaks the rules.

But then still other potential issues exist like the limited bandwith of the camera or two people trying to interfer with the printer at the same.

If multiple user share one printer i would just share the account or use the local print features.

1 Like

+1 would also want to see this feature.

1 Like

+1 me and my friend also buy an X1C with ASM.We wanted to operate the printer with multiple accounts but didn’t know that this wouldn’t work. I hope this function will come in the future, it would be very important for us and for the entire community, as you can see

We just purchased one for our company and were thinking about purchasing more, but if we can’t have multi-users, it’s going to be a deal breaker for our company going forward. Losing business from companies pushing $500 Mil a year probably isn’t good business sense, and a lot of them are looking for cheaper solutions like these these days.

2 Likes