Need Settings for successful print with a gloss black sheen throughout

Hi there - if you have successfully printed a model with a consistent outer wall gloss black sheen - can you please post the filament you used and the settings for the project and filament?

I have been experimenting and not have had much success using Overture filament like I have had on my Prusa MK3 printers.

I know it is a combination of speeds, temps and cooling settings. My temp tower in orca slicer - did not help.

I would appreciate what you did to get a nice consistent glossy outer wall, with no banding.

Thanks

This is now your third topic with the same question. Why don’t you just update your other ones.

Oh I’m sorry. I do apologize - I was getting nowhere with anyone and needed a fresh set of eyes. That’s all. I’m sure a few extra MB of data in the forum on this topic won’t hurt. Also was asking if anyone had success - and to post their settings……so a bit different.

thanks for linking my other posts that way those fresh eyes can see that I was trying my hardest to get this thing working a certain way. If you looked at one of them you would see that support said I was pretty much SOL and that it is not possible. I find that very odd so trying to get help from the broader community and not the forum police.

Can you post some pictures with the results you are trying to achieve ?

Hi Lexi - they are all in this post:

I updated the post - Bambu Support said it cannot be done. $1500 printer can’t print a consistent sheen on the outer wall if you have through holes. Pretty much told me to print a solid object and drill in it. So that is why I posted a new post - to see if ANYONE, ANYONE (I am not yelling :slight_smile: ) has had success with a consistent GLOSS sheen (WITH NO BANDING) on a simple 4 wall enclosure WITH THROUGH HOLES - and it seems that NO ONE has.

Have your tried lowering the temperature? To something at or near the filament minimum. Seems I recall someone saying gloss black filament loses sheen at an elevated temperature. I hate gloss black unless it’s a car. So I’m a flat black printer at the core.

Keep in mind that “holes” interrupt the flow of filament. Flow has to stop while still being heated in the tool head, then flow resumes with the filament at a slightly higher temperature. That must be why Bambu says to print it and drill the holes later.

Have you compared the slicer settings with the successful Prusa prints you got?

Yes and then some. I am told it has to do with speed and temperature. I tried everything and just not going to print this model on this printer. Thanks for caring though, I do appreciate it.

Sorry it didn’t work out.
I’d love to find a way to improve the walls as well.