Neues Filament konfigurieren

Hallo,
ich habe eine neue “fremde” Spule eingesetzt und möchte dem AMS mitteilen, um welche es sich handelt.
Im Wiki gibt es in den Einstellungen einen Reiter AMS, wo diese Einstellungen vorgenommen werden sollen.
In meinem Drucker gibt es anstatt “AMS” einen Reiter “Filament” und wenn ich auf den Platzhalter für die neue Spule klicke geschieht nichts.

Wie muß ich in diesem Fall vorgehen?

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Proape

Hi,
Maybe I didn’t understand, as I used the translator.
AMS will only automatically read Bambu Lab filament.
Certain third-party filament brands are included in the AMS list for specific materials (mostly PLA). For all others, you choose the Generic one, e.g. Generic PLA.

Besides these options, you may set filament brands, materials, colours, etc., in Bambu Studio. If you use automatic calibration, you can memorize the filament in the AMS and choose it later.

Does it address your questions?

1 Like

Hi,
Sorry, I thought I was in. the German part of the forum.

How and where? I searched for that in Bambu Studio, but didn’t find it.

Where do I have to choose that?

Kind regards
ProApe

No problem.

In Bambu Studio (BS), you can add new filaments:

The first step entails adding essential information regarding the filament.
There is a list of vendors from which you can select; if your filament brand isn’t on the list, check the box can’t find a vendor I want and add the vendor name.

Next, you define the filament material type. Further info (optional) can be added in the “Serial” box.

The second step relates to the filament preset, i.e. the definition of the print settings. You can create the preset based on the system or user (your) presets.
In the first case, you can select from a list of the system presets (this list depends on the material defined in the basic information); afterwards, you choose the printer to add the preset. Note that a nozzle size corresponds to a printer. To conclude, press the Create button.

If you opt to use one of your presets, note the information on how the preset will be renamed.
The BL GUI will show a grey box with your printers and a list of the available presets for each. You must select the printer (ticking the box) and the preset. To conclude, press the Create button.

You can now find your filament preset within the BS (even handy) and may edit the printing settings as you intend.

The automatic calibration process is a feature available in the X1C. It permits the calibration of the flow dynamics (aka pressure advance) and flow rate. The pressure advance value is stored in the AMS, so you can select the filament directly in the AMS (which you are looking for).
I gladly can help you with the process, but there are official tutorials that you can read:

If you have any doubt after reading it, let me know.

I did my best to keep it short but failed.
I hope this helps.

1 Like