New Makerworld.cn

No no, they already did. They put 6 or 7 of my private models public in the chinese site. I am complaining about that

Apologies, I missed that.

They assured us that would not happen.

@MakerWorld Why are PRIVATE models from the international site being transferred to the public Chinese site?

You need to contact @kosmo79 urgently to fix this problem you have caused with his models.

Thanks, I guess it happened to many others too but probably they still didnā€™t notice.
Itā€™s quite frustrating not beeing able to manage that ourselves. i hope they make possible to access as managers to our own chinese account.

Only 21 of my now 406 models have transferred over.

I have designed, printed and uploaded more models to the international site than they have copied and pasted to the Chinese site during the same period.

They are averaging one a day of my models, just 5% so far.

I do not have any private models, so, I am not sure how many people do. It is possible this would have affected more people if they had any private models.

Yeah, I keep them private as itā€™s still very useful for me to have them available there with those print profiles, etc. So I didnā€™t erase them.
The fact is that they didnā€™t transfer many of my models that I consider good and are public and instead they transferred many that are private. :confused:

After checking the synchronization of my designs with Makerworld.com.cn, I suspect that (perhaps only for now) only models that have at least 20 downloads are synchronized.

I have more than 21 models with greater than 20 downloads.

So, I am not sure that is the rule, maybe coincidence.

In my case no. I have models of around 500 downloads, public that are not syncronized and others in my private section (some not very popular) that have been sync :frowning:

How do they migrate the models? If it were automatic, I would think the names would translate the same way?

I only have a few models, but they are a set of different lightsabers with interchangeable pieces. They all have the same name with a different number for their position in the series. But this is how they translated for me:

https://makerworld.com.cn/zh/@GLB_bill.m.davis

I guess ā€œcollapsibleā€ translates to ā€œfoldableā€? But they are all different?

It must be so slow because they are manually moving these profiles? That would mean that the updates wouldnā€™t move over automatically either? I have been updating these designs regularly.

@MakerWorld

Hello,

Iā€™ve encountered a problem when porting some of my models from the Makerworld Global Site to the Chinese Site. For several models, the print profiles are not being transferred. This makes the affected models unusable, especially if no additional .stl or .step files are provided.

My question is: Will these profiles be added later?

https://makerworld.com.cn/zh/%40GLB_JAV3D

Thank you in advance for your help!

1 Like

If it helps.

I had the same concern. It seems profiles and models are being transferred at different rates.

I have also had profiles transferred before the model made it over.

I have a model only just transferred, but, no profiles have been moved with it. I only uploaded it a few days ago. It has very few downloads. The vast majority of my models havenā€™t been transferred.

Previous models lacking their profiles eventually gained them.

I still do not understand how this is taking so long or the weird process of ordering the models and/or profiles making it over.

Suggestions have been made about those with minimum downloads being transferred first. I have not seen that, I suspect that is a coincidence rather than a factor.

I would call this an epic failure. Yet again, the messaging is missing.

I am someone who gets annoyed when driving down the road and getting stuck in traffic, if there are signs explaining the reason, it improves things.

Messaging improves things.

Trying to save face by pretending all is well is weird when in reality eggs are dripping down their face - it is not good messaging.

1 Like

Most are implemented now, thank you @MakerWorld

Does anyone know if the boosts you get from the CN site can be redeemed with your account? Because I got 27 boosts from the CN site, but they are not synchronized with my account, so I canā€™t redeem them. The downloads I get from the CN site are synced, though.

Global Rewards: Your efforts will be recognized on both sites. Point and Boost rewards earned on MakerWorld China will automatically be credited to your global account. This can be easily tracked in your earnings history and analytics dashboard.

I made 54 boost in total with 2 uploads from the global site. An upload has received 27 boosts, which I see when I open the CN site. But in my global account these are not credited.

Work in progress ? give it time .

1 Like

If I go to my Boost Income I can see boosts from the CN website.

You can also see those in the analytics page. I did notice that these donā€™t appear to show up in normal notifications though.

1 Like

Oh now i see it thank you

Currently, 13 of your models are synced to the Chinese site. Our syncing task is still running.

For the issue that links in the description are pointing to MakerWorld Global site, we are considering how to solve that.