No download registred, but succefull print did

Hi,

Have a model where i have no downloads, but i there is a succesfull print that also get a review

What’s wrong here?

This is related to:

and

So basically if a user download more than 5 models within (probably) a 24h timespan, all follwing downloads do not count. This has not been confirmed by MW but has been confirmed by multiple users.

1 Like

I don’t believe it’s about download counts being restricted, but is about a how prints are counted.

A download that ends in a successful print is converted into a print, so that it doesn’t count twice. If they hadn’t had a successful print with a BL printer, then it would stay at 1 download / 0 prints.

Actually, that’s not quite how it works. There’s no direct conversion from download to print. If you have any evidence or reasoning behind your belief, I’d be interested to hear it.

A succesfull print is coverted in 2 dowloads.
I’m not sure, but then 1 download and 1 print will be counted for 3 downloads.

But that it still not answering my question why the download is not counted.

Here’s an example of a model having more prints than downloads: https://forum.bambulab.com/t/show-successful-prints-number/55803

It’s not common but some models here and there have more prints than downloads, and this is before the latest changes to how downloads are counted. This must mean that a download that results in a successful print is changed from a download to a print in the counter

So basically nothing miscounted, they just move it from download counter to print counter and as OP stated they know a print counts for two downloads and so having both counters record the same download/print would represent triple points

No, this indicates that the model has been printed multiple times by one or multiple individual users or comprises multiple plates. This capability was evidently only feasible prior to the recent adjustments. Hence, the change was implemented to address this ‘issue’ in the first place.

See for example this model:

The primary print profile encompasses 13 print plates, owing to its complexity and multi-color design. If an individual were to print the entire game, it would entail 1 download and 13 prints. However, under the current system, this is streamlined to count as 1 download and 1 print, irrespective of how many times the individual prints any of the plates.

Here’s a quick example:

One of my models just hit 3950 “downloads”. We know a download counts once and a print counts as two. My downloads on the model are 1.5k and the prints are at 1.2k.

1500 downloads + 1200 prints becomes 1500 + 2400 tallied “downloads” for a total of 3900, which is what I just earned points for today.

If what you’re saying is true, and a download never converts to a print then the 1.5k downloads and 1.2k prints means that 1.2k of those downloads were successful prints and so the tally in terms of “downloads” for points would be 1.5k-1.2k + 1.2k*2

That would be 300 + 2400 for 2700, which isn’t the same as what I just got rewarded points for

1 Like

no? Where did I state such nonsense?

You’re absolutely correct. However, there’s no ‘conversion’ involved here. 1,500 downloads equates to 1,500 points, plain and simple. Out of the 1,500 individuals who downloaded print profiles of your model, you earned 1,200 points, totaling 2,400 points. End of story.

If I’m understanding your perspective correctly, you’re suggesting that instead of the 1,500 downloads currently displayed, there have actually been 2,700 downloads, with 1,200 individuals opting to print it, thus no longer contributing to the ‘download only’ stats. Why would anyone implement such a system?

This proposition doesn’t hold up logically. Not only does it involve manipulating statistical data, but it also unfairly penalizes models for being printed, as their download count would decrease, negatively impacting their ranking.

Whoa slow down there, it’s just a discussion and you’re a bit hostile there. I was just sharing what I thought was the reason and why.

I’ll just agree with you and say I’m wrong, it’s not that important to me and definitely not worth discussing if you’ll turn it into an argument instead

1 Like

I didn’t mean to come across as hostile, and I apologize if my tone seemed that way. English isn’t my first language, so perhaps it unintentionally sounded more aggressive than I intended. I just didn’t understand the reasoning behind that viewpoint.

1 Like

I have two models that consistently generate more prints than downloads (even this week so the MW change on 3\25 or so had no impact). Both are fast prints - under an hour with multi color. As a result, I’ve generally considered the download and print metrics in a similar way as you described as it seems to align to the data and MW counting (i.e. download only count *1 + successful print count *2).

nvm the request. I just checked your portfolio, incredible models!

As they are mostly 1 build plate models it comes with no surprise the changes did not affect you much. I assume people do not print the same plane model multiple times either.

How about asking MW? @Tanklet, which scenario will result in an upload getting a print count but not a download count?

I’ve had a few of these, its been happening for a few months on a couple of my models and one external print profile. I put it down to someone printing off the handy app as they effectively bypassing the file download onto a desktop and sending to a printer.

1 Like

Print through Bambu Handy app.

5 Likes

Cita: 1500 downloads + 1200 prints becomes 1500 + 2400 tallied “downloads” for a total of 3900, which is what I just earned points for today.

This is absolutely correct, it is specified in the MW standards. And I have tested it on my own designs with about 30k points.

Noone questioned that a print is being rewarded with two points. How does this help answering the the main question of the thread?

I’m new here, but I think it’s the case that only after receiving points will the sum of downloads and prints be visible. Even going into analytics, there are separate downloads and printouts, there is no total. And he probably thinks, after one printout, to see both 1 print and 2 downloads.

MW already answered why there can be a print count but no download count. See the reply from Tanklet 4 posts above.