No videos and time lapses?

Second day with my X1C Combo, so far so good, but now a daft question: how do you get time lapses and/or videos recorded?

In BambuStudio, I see the camera feed just fine. I’ve put in a empty sdcard into the printer. But when I go to browser videos on my mobile app, it says empty.

I tried clicking on the Timelapse icon, but nothing happens.

If I click on the Video icon, the little red dot disappears, presumably telling me it’s turned off.

Any suggestions?

Oh, I found some videos on the sdcard when I popped it into my computer. But they aren’t per print? They appear to be split every 245mbs or so?

No time lapses though, that folder is empty…

2 Likes

I had the same problrm. I had to fornat the card in the printer. Also, make sure you enable TL in Prepare/others/special mode.

Dont forget to rnable timelapse in the settings.I believe its in the left pane OTHER tab. Btw: if you select smooth it creates filament tower since it moves the extruder from the timelapse

Yes. For reference.

1. A SDCARD has to be present inside the printer
  2. It has to be formatted from the printer (the first time it is inserted)
  3. Timelapses have to be activated in each project (last tab “Others” > “Timelapse” > switch to “Standard” or “Smooth”
  4. Full videos are activated from the “device” tab (once the print is started) (but i’m not sure that the “timelapse” button here (in the device tab) is working)

Note : there is a feature request about being able to store timelapses and videos on the network (even without sdcard) here : Save video to network

About downloading timelapses and videos

• Timelapses can be downloaded directly from the Bambu Studio application (through the “devices” tab). Desintation folder can be changed in the Bambu Studio preferences.
  • Timelapses and videos can be retrieved from the SDCard, once inserted in a computer (this is the only way to retrieve full videos)

About SDCards : they are very difficult to remove from the Bambu Lab screen case. It is adviced to use either that small tool (Printables) to help removing them, either to print something like this (Printables)

About “full videos”, they are indeed truncated in several 245mb files.
It’s however very easy (under linux) to concatanate them (without re-encoding - so in a few seconds - and without quality losses), just use :

find *.mp4 | sed 's:\ :\ :g' | sed 's/^/file /' > list.txt
ffmpeg -safe 0 -f concat -i list.txt -c copy video-merged.mp4

(there are probably solutions for windows, but i don’t know them)

As an example : a 1 hour printing = 1 hour video = takes 1.5 GB on disk.

4 Likes

Thanks for the tips OfthewellNL and SR-G, I found the time lapse option in Other menu. Haha, definitely didn’t think to look in there. I don’t get the “Smooth” option creating a prime tower… what the heck?

I am still getting use to BambuSlicer, it is more complicated than PrusaSlicer which I’ve been using for years.

I definitely like the idea of setting up multiple plates. And the Project screens with a BOM, photos, and an assembly guide. Those all look very interesting, but I haven’t actually tested them yet.

And as for splitting the video into 245mb chunks… that’s a strange choice… seems almost like an old old FAT file size limit or something.

Nice bit of commandline-fu to concat files into one :+1:

1 Like

Why can’t I see any timelapses since the first of the year. I only see the ones from 2022

Hi, I try to enable timelapse on the “others” tab, but the menu is deactivated…

Anyone can help me?

Thanks

I’m having the same issue, plenty of files locationed in the “ipcam” folder but nothing in the “timelasp” folder. All settings are checked above as recommended but nothing works. Any help would be much appreciated.

1 Like

I have the same problem on a new printer. I can put print files on the SD card and everything else. I have tried everything to get a time lapse and it will not get one. I cannot view the full videos it seems to be recording either. They won’t play on anything I can find.

1 Like

same problem did you ever find a solution?

im having the same issue did you ever find a fix?

Get a new SD card. Been working perfect since I got a SanDisk.