Nozzle Clip Spring Buckle Not Shutting

Hey all,

I’m really at a loss here and quite frustrated.

I’m having issues getting the spring buckle to close after removing and reinserting a nozzle.

I had this happen after my first few nozzle swaps, when I first got my A1 Mini. The little clip on the right actually ended up breaking off.

So I replaced the entire hot end heating assembly. And after a few nozzle swaps, I’m having issues getting this new hot end heating assembly to buckle shut again. So it seems like I’m back to square one.

I can’t for the life of me figure out what I’m doing wrong. I obviously shouldn’t have to keep swapping the hot end heating assembly every few nozzle swaps.

Has anyone else encountered this problem?

EDIT: Looks like a second spring buckle broke on me now… Nice. At this point, the only thing I can think of is my entire tool head being detective and the nozzle not sitting how it’s supposed to, causing these buckling issues.

3 Likes

Is this the part on the right not clipping when you try to close it? I had this exact issue. Kind just jiggled the left part to change the angle then tried again. Eventually got it, but I wouldn’t say it was a perfect seal. I quickly pushed the silicone sleeve over it before it could detach. Prints came out fine.

My 2nd A1 Mini doesn’t have this issue, so it does seem like a possible defect. It’s such a small part that I could see it being a slight misalignment or something.

That’s exactly my issue, yes. I’m glad I’m not alone. Though it is very strange that one of your printers has that problem while the other does not.

I haven’t found a solution to this other than your good suggestion. But it’s kind of a band-aid fix, sadly.

So I now have 2 A1 Mini’s and an A1. Only 1 of the mini’s has the issue. Visually, I can’t see anything different, but I think the issue here is something just a fraction of a mm off.

So frustrating. I am planning to swap the A1 I have with this issue. I have been waiting for support to get back to me on my ticket for 4 weeks for this issue. Latch will not close, no matter how much giggling I do. Fortunately my other A1s aren’t affected, but I’m down a machine and it’s annoying.

Guys, ive had this exact problem just now, lets get straight to the point. So what ive found out is you guys put the nozzle part when the temperature is cold. Now because of that it wont clip somehow i guess, but when i heat it up(nozzle already in the correct position) the clip will actually close and latch but when you do it cold it wont work. So thats what i found out.

Summary:
Always heat your nozzle up (When nozzle is already in the heating assembly) to 200 degrees and after then and only then you can latch on the clip.

2 Likes

I know this is late, but for anyone else having this issue make sure you cut the excess filament from the top of the nozzle. I know it may look like the nozzles in all the way, but cutting the excess nozzle fixed it for me.

It’s still an issue for me. The only reason I stopped caring is my heatbed cable on y A1 is risking burning my building down so the clip didn’t seem like that big an issue. It is still a paperweight, but with heatbeds starting to ship (a month later than promised) I will open a ticket and get the buckle replaced.