Nozzle temperature malfunction.[0300 8008]

I’ll be dipped, the part cooling fan was actually overpowering the heating ability of the heater. I had PC fan set at 100% while printing petg and it gave me 0300 8008 xxxxxx over and over again. Turned part cooling off completely and its at least printing without the pause/error again after 5 minutes (every 15 seconds before).

I recently purchased a X1C and this is my first major issue. My print stopped half way through a six hour print. I was using PLA-CF only. Any suggestions? I started the print again and it stopped after a few minutes.

I had the same problem after I had installed the Aliexpress V2 hot end and a hardened CHT nozzle.
During OrcaSlicer’s max volumetric speed calibration I noticed that it only happened at high flow rates and I started watching the temperature. The higher the flow rate (and speed) became during the test, the harder it became for the hot end’s ceramic heater to keep the temperature stable, at the point where it became lower than 5°C below the configured value, the printer stopped and showed the error message.
Reducing cooling helped a bit, of course, but this is counterproductive when printing at high speeds.

The conclusion I draw from this is, that the Bambu hot end heater is to weak to support the flow rates possible with the Aliexpress hot end combined with a hardened steel CHT nozzle which is no good heat conductor as the too much heat gets moved out of the nozzle to quickly at these high flow rates.

But since I don’t print abrasive filaments too often, I really don’t need the hardened steel as my standard nozzle and so I’ve just ordered the brass CHT nozzle and will try if I could go higher with this. Also since I now have more flow capacity I can reduce printing temperature in my filament profiles, which also will help the heater to keep up.

The optimal solution would be a stronger ceramic heater, but I couldn’t find one during my research.
Also using thermal paste properly on the heater, helps a lot.

3 Likes

My issue sounds different from yours, but I found this thread searching for my issues so I’ll post my solution.

Issue occurred after installing a new nozzle. Nozzle temp was reading 250+ degrees but not getting hot (note: if the connector is unplugged or not seated correctly, the temp will read 0). Reseating the connector sometimes worked for a short period. I disassembled the nozzle again and noticed some of the insulation was cut/stripped from the thermocouple - likely a result of me struggling to slide the metal clip. I applied a dab of hot glue to cover the conductor, reassembled it, and all is well.

I was able to fix this issue with the following steps:

1. Power off the printer
  2. Unload all filaments from AMS
  3. Disconnect and reconnect all wires inside nozzle/hotend component
  4. Power on printer
1 Like

Thank you! I had the same situation with the same setup (v2 CHT nozzle) and got the temp issue with the orca volumetric speed test.

Did you end up getting a brass nozzle instead and have you had better results?

No, the behaviour is the same when using brass nozzles.

But what I found recently is this

The Revo Six version is for pre-order but the more interesting Panda version, which is more interesting for me, since I still own a set of Bondtech Bimetal v6 CHT nozzles, is still not even available for pre-order and shows some fantasy pricing.

These hot ends implement a cylindrical ceramic heater that draws 60W of power instead of the 48W the original heater uses.

Gotcha. I’ll keep an eye on these as I’ve vaguely seen them discussed on the discord. I was just terrified that something went wrong when I installed the new hotend but was relieved in a sense to see that I went through the same thing during the same exact test and setup.

I got the same error when printing ASA at Ludicrous speeds. I think the heater cannot catchup with volume of extruding ASA and temperature keeps dropping until error is triggered. As soon as I dropped the speed to Normal, temp was able to keep up with extrusion of ASA and all was well.

I didn’t have any problems with my X1 until I did the upgrade. I dumbed it down to factory settings and still had to take part temp fan to 90% to stop temp failure at the nozzle

Yes i had the same problem downgrade to previous version now it works fine

Hy Have the same Problem… i have changed all… Hotend Sensors & Heater bir all 5 minutes the ■■■■ X1C goes in Failure. I have resett load Old firmware nothing is working. So sad.

Dropped mine to silent and it fixed tgd problem, only on light box lids does it have a problem

Happened to me after I replaced my hotend. Turns out I didn’t re-connect the cables properly. Once I did, everything worked just fine again.

You just weren’t seating the connectors properly?
I’m running into this same issue, but I have no idea how to fix it.

Installing sock fix issue for me. I noticed slight difference in a couple of socks i have. Sock with Bambu logo keep the front cover from full attaching at bottom.
Was shutting off at 3rd layer. Now at 32st and still printing.
Thank you for comment about sock.

1 Like

Hallo zusammen, ich habe seit heute auch ein Problem mit dem x1c. Wenn ich den Drucker einschalte ,zeigt er mir 220 Grad ca nozzle temp an obwohl alles kalt ist. Also hab ich das Hotend getauscht inkl thermistor. Leider bleibt das Problem weiterhin. Was aber seltsam ist, s lebst wenn ich das Hotend nicht anschließe, also die Kabel werden mir 220 Grad angezeigt. Er bringt nur ne Meldung wenn der Lüfter nicht angeschlossen ist. Wenn ich nur den Lüfter anschließe , geht soweit ohne Fehlermeldung aber Zeit trotz nur Lüfter angeschlossen 220 Grad ± und versucht diese herunter zu kühlen. Angeblich schafft er das auch laut Anzeige bis zu 160 Grad was nicht sein kann da weder Heitpatrone noch thermistor angeschlossen ist.

Ist das Board abgeraucht? Hatte wer das Problem schon Mal? Der Support naja… Ticket ist zwar offen, aber letzte Ticket war auch 7 Tage lang offen ohne Reaktion und hab es dann geschlossen und selbst gelöst von dem her habe ich sehr wenig Hoffnung daß sich innerhalb von einer Woche der Support meldet wenn überhaupt… kann halt den Drucker überhaupt nicht benutzen wenn thermistor etc nicht funktioniert

@pat.coleman Can you please explain your solution in more detail, I don’t know what the Sock Fix is

This i dont have fix IT.

The Problem how IT was a month ago. This was a nother Problem this i have fixed

The Sock is a silicone part that slides over the nozzle. It’s purpose is to hold the set temperature. The black part in the image below is the Sock. Hope this helps.